• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many words is a 5 min speech (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
quick q.. how many words are there in a 5-6 min speech

thx =]

G

Gavvvvvin

I done a 5 min speech today and it was roughly just over two pages long in size 12 font.

mack

Banned
HSC
Id say give an extra 100-200 safety net as you always talk faster than you plan to. You practise it heaps slow and relaxed, but you can never help the motormouth in front of an audience,.,......

capsicum

HSC
Yeah, like Kimmeh said, it depends on the pace you speak. If you have the problem my friend has, which is speaking really fast because of nervousness, then I guess you should write more than exactly 5 mins when reciting at home.

Mushy18

HSC
it should be about 750 words. it all really depends wat ur doing during ur speech. cos if ur acting ur speech out or moving around a lot, u tend to speak at a slower rate. and if ur just gonna stand there and speak, u'll tend to speak at a faster pace.
good luck.

MoNNiE

HSC
what i would suggest is write it out and then get someone to time you reading it.. by that you should get a general feel on how much u may need to cut back or add into your speech..

that's my two cents for tonight :)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i english teacher told me to write the speech so that it is 30secs longer then the required time, eg. for mine (should be 4mins), ive written it so that its 4:30

Winston

HSC
It depends how fast you talk and what are you talking about and how often would you be looking at your palm cards, i managed to pull off 4 minutes with 400 words haha primarily because i was using all these gestures and talking loud, pausing, and blah blah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)