how many? (1 Viewer)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
how many poems do we need to know in depth...is there a chance they will specifically ask us which poems to use? and could they ask to use more than 2 poems in a question? thanks!

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Um well I'm doing Yeats. Yes they can specify a poem no matter what your poet is so you need to know all of them however that is not an extremely likely scenario. In the past they usually ask you to use two poems or at least 2 but in 2005 they asked for THREE poems so yes they can ask you to use more than 2. In short, know a bit about all of them and know at least 3 really well.

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
In a previous HSC, they have once asked for 3 poems which my teacher thought was absurd, due to the fact that we are expected to have 2 readings for each poem. So 6 readings in 40 mins?? zzz
My teacher stated that this rare case does happen, then you should go through 2 poems in detail and probably one paragraph briefly on another poem. Make sure you answer the question as well.

AND yes, they can specifically ask you to do a certain poem. MOST likely, they will say "..make detailed reference to poem A or B and a poem of your own choosing "

Hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)