how many ???? (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
how much do u recommend studying a nite if u wanna get over 99 uai??? can those pple who got 98+ give me an example plz??
i noe about 4.5 hrs is like the standard

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I have a friend who got 98.xx + and she swears she didn't do crap all except before assessment tasks... though she spent about 3 hours every day at the library after school lol

So yeah probably 3-4 hours?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
tats wut i was thinking...round there..lil more on weekends yay for half yrlies in 5 weeks :(

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
To be getting a UAI of 99+ it takes more than just hard work, although thats a major part. You need to be doing the right subjects (well scaled, high scaled mark cap) and your class mates results also affects the way your assesments are scaled.

Not to say it's impossible with hard work though, and i'm no expert..

HSC
i try to get in 2hours of study/nite...but usually i just ends up finishing homework and little study coz my concentration would've gone down the drain.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yeha i do h/w, then keep studying till i total about 3-4. depends on if i have soccer training or indoor soccer those nights sometimes im up till bout 11. but try not to study late, if you need and extra hour or so per day, utilise your frees. just work out what will work best for you. remeber the law of diminishing returns and keep in mind mild leisure is more beneficial sometimes than studying on an empty headache! PS what school fashion? pm me?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
cramming is great if u have the memory for it. otherwise, consistent study is important. but don't bother trying to remember everything. u should be more concerned about understanding concepts and processes, and just going through wot u've learnt. focus on areas that are giving u trouble so u don't have to worry bout them as much before exams. i'd say consistent study is the key, maybe 3-4 hrs a week on each subject, depending on how strong u r, ur level of interest etc. its no good spending 30hrs one week studying, and none the next.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
studying 30 hours for one week is better than not studying at all. :p

there is two path to take memorizing everything you learn, or get a better understanding and exam ability.

memorizing now even if you forget later has the benefit savings the next time you try to remember it which should be just before the exams and this time it would be much faster.

understanding and building exam skills is something that you wouldn't forget easily... like driving a car... its unlikely you forget much at all in a years time or so.

but i don't know which path is better to take... LOL.

Originally posted by fashionista

what? 4.5 hours??? in the holidays and weekends thats easy... but with school and assessments... 2 or 3 hours average is the maximum you can do physically... if you only include actual study time.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I got 98.40 and I did more stressing than studying. I only really did assessments the night before (and very long nights indeed) and studied the night before exams. I didn't do extremely high-scaling subjects either. Had I studied, I think I could have improved my UAI.

But, no regrets. I did what I could in the unbelievably tiring situation that was yr 12.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
try to do your maths homework everyday
maths isnt crammable

for everything else, give yourself 1-2 weeks before exams and cram it

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
pfft i do my assessments, i study in my free periods, i do a lil study at home, prolly 5 hours a week all up. been getting about the 90's for most subjects so far, 100 in bus :)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by fashionista
how much do u recommend studying a nite if u wanna get over 99 uai??? can those pple who got 98+ give me an example plz??
None? 'Cept before exams.

I ended up never doing homework, except in the 5 mins before the teacher arrived, simply because I wanted to play the computer.

The only study I ever did during term was for maths. Rather than listening to the teacher I just sat and did past papers. (500 pages, about 40 papers in total over the whole year, for 4 unit. About 200 pages for 3 unit)

The other subjects I did notes the weeks before exams (tops about 2 weeks). My notes for the whole syllabus for Phys and Chem never exceeded 30 pages apiece. Then I did some past papers.

For English, lol. 10 pages of notes ever. And lots of memorised quotes, and good phrases.

Last edited:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i reckon u shud be consistent....like some days i studied hard for like 6-7 hrs but other days i did just 3-4 hrs....but i made sure dat i did atleast a bit everyday!!
consistency is the key!!

Danio

Home, although i would like to be somewhere elsez.
Yo im in yr12, one thing i JUST realised is that hw is very important...you should alwayz try your best to finish all hw...hw helps you to memorise thigns easier, instead just b4 the exams starts and you go thur the entire book looking for something, when you can simply look through your hw and check what youd one in the past hw...Exp.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)