how much $$$ are we lookin at each semester or per year on text books. (1 Viewer)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
eff all this, im gonna get me photo copied version of my text.. will people think im a wanker if i photo copy the pages or the chapter that is required, or will the lectuer dude have a little cry about it...
Depending on the text, you could find it is hard to get a copy, and even if you can get a copy, that you will have to photocopy it in the library since it is in closed reserves which could potentially prove to be an expensive exercise.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
You can do photocopying at the Women's College for like 5cents a page (or that maybe just be printing, either way it's less than Fisher). I think if you have friends in Architect you can virtually photocopy for free.

Last semester my history subject recommended a textbook which I didn't buy since I wouldn't read it anyway. At the end of the semester, I just photocopied the chapters I needed for my exams. :)

For english, you might have to buy a couple of novels. If you want to save money, just buy books from the bookstore at Central station. Seriously I got one of my novels for 8$ instead of Co-op's discounted price of 25$.

Or you know, textbooksexchange.com for 2nd hand books.

imyh

HSC
I resorted to taking photos of every page of MBLG textbk from the library. Then i'll read it from my laptop. how horrible am i. but that's what i did to save anyways.

that's for science. Cos that particular unit is so dense I didn't think anyone could even finish more than 60% of what's photocopied/bought. Arts subjects might be different i guess?

Last edited:

Boxes

Banned
HSC
I resorted to taking photos of every page of MBLG textbk from the library. Then i'll read it from my laptop. how horrible am i. but that's what i did to save anyways.

that's for science. Cos that particular unit is so dense I didn't think anyone could even finish more than 60% of what's photocopied/bought. Arts subjects might be different i guess?
fuck you are a tightass. that's some good shit.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
In most cases you don't need the textbooks (at least in science), so there is no need to go that extreme.

Although in honours, we were all pretty keen to photocopy whatever books helped us (or print whatever papers we needed). Benefit of departmental photocopying I guess.

conics2008

HSC
soo guys, if i can a guy/gilr in my class and photocopy i.e scan and print the entire chapter, will the lecture dude chuck a physco at me or naa... or will i be seen as a wanker..

because im being all tight.. its just books
??

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Not sure about science but I've never needed to bring my textbooks into lectures or anything. Plus, I seriously doubt the lecturer would even see your textbook if you brought it to class. That or just plain not care.

Alternatively, choose classes with no set texts. That's what I did this year, along with no end of semester exam. YAY!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
soo guys, if i can a guy/gilr in my class and photocopy i.e scan and print the entire chapter, will the lecture dude chuck a physco at me or naa... or will i be seen as a wanker..

because im being all tight.. its just books
??
You realise that if you need more than a chapter/10%, it's copyright infringement, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)