how much detail do your teachers give about exam questions? (1 Viewer)

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
ours are really varied. in ancient we were given the exact questions for our 3 essays.
is that moral/fair? he is pretty much allowing us to write the essay at home and then just rember what we wrote in the exam time. other teachers dont tell us shit about whats in the exams we just have to try to cram as much into our brains as we can

klaw

HSC
Mine also vary
the fairness depends on whether or not other classes get the same info

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it depends on the subject. like for maths and EEC in particular, we were told pretty much exactly what we would be tested on. other subjects eg drama, history, we got told a vague sort of outline of what the test may be about, and then again, for subjects like english were weren't really told anything at all except that it would involve extended responses. what annoyed me though was that the standard english ppl practically got given their questions, and got given time in class to practice responses...we didn't...ah well, lol. :p

P

pLuvia

my teachers give quite a bit.. but my science teachers are stingy bastards.. other than that its all good~:):D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
my eng teacher made its so darn overious wat the questions were lol

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
My english teacher misleads us most of the time and my history teacher never tells us what is in the exams...so it's pretty much like "study for everything!"

.ben

HSC
for modern history we got all the sources one week before so we could just do everything at home and write from memory

x_dreama

God before evrything else
HSC
same, we get a vague outline but heaps of info that we have to summarise~

P

pLuvia

in japanese we can basically get all the info off the teacher.. its so great :D but in science they give the most vague thing ever, and the things they tell you to study for are barely in the test ><"

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
my english teacher was a total prick, he told us we would only need to know 2 sources when in fact we needed five, i i had to basically try to rember them but i have no idea what i was talking about. if idont come first and its becuz i fucked that bit up, im going to change classes

gwendolin

HSC
For all our subjects except SOR, we got a general outline of what the paper was going to be like. With SOR, we were flying blind (but when are we not?)

For English, we all knew basically what the questions were going to be (as my teacher pointed out, it's pretty obvious that the AOS paper will be on change, and the modules will be on gender and critical study of texts... so we all just prepared/memorised quotes so we could answer questions however they were framed).

For history we were given the list of questions from the past 5 years, and told that, basically, we'd get questions similar to those on the board, but not an exact copy of any of them.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
English extension, we were basically given the essay question, the creative task we were told it'd be any form, so we got the information for that basically.

English advanced, we were just basically told the format, nothing else.

Maths, well they can't give the questions for that :p

Modern history, we were just told the format, 2 essays, 2 extended responses, 40 marks sourcework and what topics they'd be on but that's pretty much it, the questions could be guessed, though.

Legal studies, we were told the format but no questions, and it was a bloody hard exam I'll tell you that now. :(

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
English extension, we were basically given the essay question, the creative task we were told it'd be any form, so we got the information for that basically.

English advanced, we were just basically told the format, nothing else.

Maths, well they can't give the questions for that :p

Modern history, we were just told the format, 2 essays, 2 extended responses, 40 marks sourcework and what topics they'd be on but that's pretty much it, the questions could be guessed, though.

Legal studies, we were told the format but no questions, and it was a bloody hard exam I'll tell you that now. :(

Religion, we weren't told anything really aside from the format, but Religion's so easy anyways, so no worries bout that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)