How Much Detail When Asked to "Sketch"? (1 Viewer)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Assuming the Q is just asking for a rough sketch: not much, generally just need things like general shape, easy-to-find axial intercepts and asymptotes. Don't need to waste time finding stationary points or inflexion points etc.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Assuming the Q is just asking for a rough sketch: not much, generally just need things like general shape, easy-to-find axial intercepts and asymptotes. Don't need to waste time finding stationary points or inflexion points etc.
I see. I was looking at this question from HSC 2013:
Question 16 (b) (iii) Sketch the number of trout as a function of time. (1 mark)

Silly Sausage

HSC
Question 16 (b) (iii) Sketch the number of trout as a function of time. (1 mark)
Just make sure you draw your dorsal fin is clearly visible, as well as a defined but not too exaggerated caudal peduncle. You must also draw it so that it is distinguishable as either a rainbow trout, lake trout, brook trout or perhaps a brown trout.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Well it's a 1-marker, so not much detail needed. You'd just need the right shape and right axial intercepts.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Just make sure you draw your dorsal fin is clearly visible, as well as a defined but not too exaggerated caudal peduncle. You must also draw it so that it is distinguishable as either a rainbow trout, lake trout, brook trout or perhaps a brown trout.
Note taken. It was a lake trout - I always had trouble with the lake trouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)