how much did you study before the hsc??.... (1 Viewer)

merna7

HSC
hey guys,

as the hsc exams are slowly approaching i wanted to ask people who have previously done the hsc about how much you studied before you did your hsc exams and some good study tips. replies are much appreciated :)

thanks everyone! :drink:

merna7

HSC
ohh okay lol, i finished mine last term thank god for that
good luck btw

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
ohh okay lol, i finished mine last term thank god for that
good luck btw
Wow, I'm so jealous. Do you guys get to stay home and study for the HSC or still have to go school?

pHyRe

HSC
Wow, I'm so jealous. Do you guys get to stay home and study for the HSC or still have to go school?
obviously they go to school... they wouldnt have finished the entire course and had trials on it for all subjects by term 2.

madharris

HSC
N/A
well don't do what I did and procrastinate... haha
I kinda freaked out quite a lot as I realised that there wsas about a month left to the first exam and I had done absolutely no work

What I did in this month was:
I went to the library every day from 9-9 (9-5 on saturday) and then had a break on sundays
I went through past papers at the library and at night I would read my notes
On sundays I would either go study with friends (productive friends that don't procrastinate) or just read notes
I would also swim 3-4 times a morning for about 30-45min just because it helped clear my mind

Yeah it's probably a bit over board but I freaked out quite a lot

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
well don't do what I did and procrastinate... haha
I kinda freaked out quite a lot as I realised that there wsas about a month left to the first exam and I had done absolutely no work

What I did in this month was:
I went to the library every day from 9-9 (9-5 on saturday) and then had a break on sundays
I went through past papers at the library and at night I would read my notes
On sundays I would either go study with friends (productive friends that don't procrastinate) or just read notes
I would also swim 3-4 times a morning for about 30-45min just because it helped clear my mind

Yeah it's probably a bit over board but I freaked out quite a lot
:O

What ATAR did you end up getting?

merna7

HSC
menomaths: we still have to got go to school we have topics that we still need to cover
and thanks madharris for sharing :)

deswa1

HSC
Before trials in these holidays, 5-6 hours a day. Before actual HSC, probs a little less- say around 4-5 because you've already done it all before and I got more ceebs etc which is bad.

General tips:

- Try not to stress too much, it can't change your mark
- Be productive. Don't fb and study. When you study, study and when you play, play. There's enough time to do both.
- Read over notes and know all the theory
- Maths is all past papers. For other subs, I never did a full paper under exam conditions. I would do the MC and then read the short answers and mentally answer them and then read marking guidelines and sample answers for every question.
- Work with a friend who you trust and is similar ability to you and share things etc. Get feedback.

Good luck

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Before trials in these holidays, 5-6 hours a day. Before actual HSC, probs a little less- say around 4-5 because you've already done it all before and I got more ceebs etc which is bad.

General tips:

- Try not to stress too much, it can't change your mark
- Be productive. Don't fb and study. When you study, study and when you play, play. There's enough time to do both.
- Read over notes and know all the theory
- Maths is all past papers. For other subs, I never did a full paper under exam conditions. I would do the MC and then read the short answers and mentally answer them and then read marking guidelines and sample answers for every question.
- Work with a friend who you trust and is similar ability to you and share things etc. Get feedback.

Good luck
I thought I was the only one. YAY.

deswa1

HSC
I thought I was the only one. YAY.
Hahaha. I recommend this. Its so much faster and you don't waste time doing easy questions and can focus more on understanding marking schemes and answers etc

HSC
WTF i spent the whole holidays trying to do past papers for my humanities subs and i wasted so much time, couldnt even finish them -_-

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
i was at the library til closing time every day from the first day of holidays. spent my time going over past papers, talking about questions, memorising the PD syllabus, screwing around, playing soccer in the park, not being very efficient. but if you're there 12 hours a day you end up getting some good work done anyway haha.
my tip is to relax, not take it too seriously and before the exam being confident in the amount of study you've done so you don't freak out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)