how much did you write and how do you think you went? (1 Viewer)

wdoueihi

2006 HSC Student.
HSC
i wrote:
10 pages for experience through languague-dialoge-the club-david williamson
8 pages for close study of a text- prose fiction - we all fall down- robert cormier and
10 pages for texts and society-into the world-steven herrick.
i dont know how well i did though...i finished with 2 minutes to go but i didnt like the first and last questions. it was an ok exam coz there were no feature aricles or speeches or letters or anything.

Last edited:

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
7 p,9,9 . i couldn't read my only writing. so i'm pretyy boned up bad lol. I shuld hav applied for provisions, my carrers advisor said it's 2mch trouble.

fireflyxxstare

boxing the stars
HSC
I did 10, 8, and 7/8? I can't remember. I was happy with what I wrote and keeping within my time limits so can only be confident towards the results =D

zedzed

HSC
mod A - 7 pgs
mod B - 6.5 pgs
mod C - 10 pgs

jeez some of you either write really big or with superhuman speed. i swear i did not stop writing the whole time and i write pretty fast.

munitalp

HSC
dialogue - 7
witness - 6
into the world - 8

ran out of time for witness, my last essay, couldnt read the last half of the essay im so cut

mandyiscool

HSC
omg i was so dissapointed with myself usually im good with time but i spent too much time on diaogue and it stuffed up my others. i did 8-bruce dawe, 3-shoehorn sonata and 7-raw i did them out of order and i didnt start section 2 until 10 past 11 im so cut but its over and theres nothig i can do about it now

meteorangela

HSC
haha well i was consistent, all 8 pages filled to the max. had to squash the last page a bit cos didn't want to get a new booklet for a quarter of the page.
I hope i did well, but hey, it's english, so i'm bound not to.

Farmerism

HSC
image - strictly ballroom - i think i wrote 10 or 11
prose fiction - briar rose - fucking 13 pages or maybe 14 but i went past the spine i was so happy haha
into the world - the simple gift - i think maybe 12 or osmething

i got into the second booklet for all of them!!! im so pleased
even if my handwriting is big, at least the markers will be able to read it hehe

yay!
and i didnt think the into the world question was so bad.. moving into the world is about experiences and going over new horizons after all, well thats what i argued in my essay hehe who knows if its correct

i thought briar rose was cool! the essay was practically 'so tell us about the novel' - so broad

and image was okay too i thought.. its in teh syllabus so we've done that sort of question before and it was similar to lasts years question (i think) about images conveying ideas about people places and ideas.

overall the test was cool! better than area of study but i didnt prepare my aos essay very well, so i just let myself down, aos coudl ahve been better btu meh

oh yeah i got worried because i was thinking that even if i did well in paper 2, if i stuffed up in aos then my paper two would get pulled down, cuz of the whole aligning system with advanced and etc. who can ease my pain?? haha

but meh if you cant yay! english is over :D

Melon4Pumpkin

HSC
I wrote 5 pages for module one - the henry lawson short storys
4 & a bit for module two - shoe-horn sonata
& 4 for module three - komninos...
i was happy.. during my trials i only wrote like a page on each so ive learnt something since then

mw54321

HSC
i think i did about 12 pages all up...like someone else i ran out of time and only did 3 for shoe horn sonata! ooops. How big was everyone writing because i agree i dont know how u could have written like 10 pages for one of the essays haha!!!

spicer

HSC
Module A - 9.5 pages... Bruce Dawe
Module B- 8 pages... Witness
Module C 9 pages... Educating Rita

Easy exam.

Talon010

HSC
are there any humans here? i wrote flat out basically the whole time and got 3.5,3.5,3

you guys can write fast and big!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Module A - 14 pages. Hopefully 17+
Module B - 12 pages. Hoping for a 11 at the most as my response was completely wrong :(
Module C - 14/15 pages. Hopefully 17+

My overall mark will prob end up being shit, in what was a pretty easy paper :(

Last edited:

jismgor

HSC
12 pages. so u wrote 12 pages of shit.

you could've written 30 pages of shit u still fail.

kamal1988

HSC
can anyone tell me what the Strictly Ballroom question was all about, i seriously didnt understand it..

tiary

HSC
I have admit, that exam paper was very straight forward. I wanted it to be more challenging, however, i looked up once and still saw heads of confusion. geez.
Well
Strictly Ballroom (Image) : 10 Pages
Owen Poetry (11)
Raw (11) i done two related materials for this section.

overall, pleased, as i sacrificed my weekend, by spendning like 10 hrs on saturday
and 12 hrs on sunday, memorising essays, making notes,timing myself, practising, thank god no more essays.

mark899

HSC
the club- 7 pages
witnes- 6 pages
raw- 6 pages

thought the questions were preety much easy especially the witnes one.. the dialogue one was the hardest question i think though it was stil alright :)

Malla

HSC
Yeah, I had a pre-written for The Club, and thank god it fit perfectly..
Module A - 6 pages
Module B - 7 pages
Module C - 6 pages
I'm happy with my consistency there. Anywayz, because it was so easy you think markers will mark harder?? That's my only concern, but im confident I achieved a 14 or above for each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)