How much did you write? (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But there's something called the ribbon effect hahah :p

nerdd

Originally posted by cooper
I hope your happy, you just wiped out half the freeekin forests with that sort of paper consumption...

Greenpeace will be after you soon, camping on your front lawn "save the trees"

still not convinced though, suppose if you didn't answer any other questions it's possible...hmmmmm
my god.. I didn't think there would be such uproar!

you guys have been writing 8 pages and you went well in trials? my god.. it's a business report..
okay I'll break down what I wrote. I finished the first part of the paper in an hr.. they recommend 1hr 15 mins for the question/answer part? what a waste of time!

so i had an hr left for each extended.

anyway, for the business report..

Intro
- Situational Analysis..
- diagram of the business life cycle and where they were
- SWOT Analysis

Choice of Appropriate Funding
- Internal vs External
ie Debt vs Equity
- different types of each
- advantages and disadvantages of both
- recommendation

Process for developing a marketing plan..
TALK ABOUT REGURGITATION OF THE MARKETING SYLLABUS HERE!
EVERYTHING goes here.
- establishing marketing objectives - the diff kinds. what Aussie Thongs wants to do
- establishing target markets - the diff kinds, what Aussie thongs wants to do and why
- market research of overseas - diff cultures = diff tastes, may need to respond to regulatory differences, so need to keep in mind of that in promotions and product name etc.
- promotion mix - any changes to it THE 4 PS - explained each one
- distribution channels (producer to customer.. producer to retailer to customer etc etc. recommended a strategy for them)
- advertising (all the diff kinds, which one recommended and keep in mind noise ie. interruptions)
- implementing and controlling

Management of Marketing
All the ways of how to check the effectiveness of marketing
- cost volume benefit analysis
- projected revenues and costs
- expenditure breakdown
- busness sales forecast
- sales analysis
- market share ratio/analysis
etc etc. defined every one of them and recommended them all! muahah.

Financial management globally
the whole insurance /tax minimisation & avoidance/hedging/derviatives
all that crap.

CONCLUSION

keep in mind that I started a new page for each section.. but tried to squish as much as possible however it's supposed to LOOK like a business report ie. with company logo and cover page.. intro "It's with great pleasure Blah Consultancy Firm presents to Aussie Thongs this business report" plus a goodbye and thanks "Thanks for choosing Blah Consultancy"

well that's how we've been taught and I go well doing it that way :)

my summary right here looks really short compared to the plan i made in the exam.. (took up that whole blank page of the cover of the book plus half a page of the first lined page = small writing)

In answer to my average words per line - I've never counted..
but I have average script writing.. which possibly could've got more messy towards the end therefore more spread out?

NOW YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME HOW THAT IS ALL BULLSHIT (QUANTITY NOT QUALITY)[/b] hahah

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by nerdd

Intro
- Situational Analysis..
- diagram of the business life cycle and where they were
- SWOT Analysis

Choice of Appropriate Funding
- Internal vs External
ie Debt vs Equity
- different types of each
- advantages and disadvantages of both
- recommendation

Process for developing a marketing plan..
TALK ABOUT REGURGITATION OF THE MARKETING SYLLABUS HERE!
EVERYTHING goes here.
- establishing marketing objectives - the diff kinds. what Aussie Thongs wants to do
- establishing target markets - the diff kinds, what Aussie thongs wants to do and why
- market research of overseas - diff cultures = diff tastes, may need to respond to regulatory differences, so need to keep in mind of that in promotions and product name etc.
- promotion mix - any changes to it THE 4 PS - explained each one
- distribution channels (producer to customer.. producer to retailer to customer etc etc. recommended a strategy for them)
- advertising (all the diff kinds, which one recommended and keep in mind noise ie. interruptions)
- implementing and controlling

Management of Marketing
All the ways of how to check the effectiveness of marketing
- cost volume benefit analysis
- projected revenues and costs
- expenditure breakdown
- busness sales forecast
- sales analysis
- market share ratio/analysis
etc etc. defined every one of them and recommended them all! muahah.

Financial management globally
the whole insurance /tax minimisation & avoidance/hedging/derviatives
all that crap.

CONCLUSION

keep in mind that I started a new page for each section.. but tried to squish as much as possible however it's supposed to LOOK like a business report ie. with company logo and cover page.. intro "It's with great pleasure Blah Consultancy Firm presents to Aussie Thongs this business report" plus a goodbye and thanks "Thanks for choosing Blah Consultancy"

well that's how we've been taught and I go well doing it that way :)

my summary right here looks really short compared to the plan i made in the exam.. (took up that whole blank page of the cover of the book plus half a page of the first lined page = small writing)

In answer to my average words per line - I've never counted..
but I have average script writing.. which possibly could've got more messy towards the end therefore more spread out?

NOW YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME HOW THAT IS ALL BULLSHIT (QUANTITY NOT QUALITY)
hahah [/B]

rofl!! i wrote something exactli lyk urs!!! i practicalli regergitted the skyds and codsi and the chapman textbook.. hahah

shazabdazla

truly and nerdd, i have some questions for you:

1) What school do you guys go to and do they have high standard students

2) Did you both come first in your class, and with what mark, against how many ppl?

3) what uai's are you expexting and what do you want to do at which uni??

....im not tryn to b nosy..lol....just really curious (and jealous!!!!!!)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i go to a public skool that is in da top 5 of all of the public non-selective skool... alhtough i used to go to a selective..but changed cuz it was too far..

hahah and i am not first in class....i am mod cuz i lyk helping pplz and i am a biz student..

i was expecting around high 90s... but after doing trials (i had medical issues) and doing most of my hsc exams..i dont think that is possible.. ahah

and no reason to be jealous at all, there is so much more to life then skool..let alone business.....if ur not a big fan of biz, no wonder ur not doing that well... just try to do well at what u are good at... :p

Last edited:

wog10

I AGREE I HATE THOSE PPL ITS QUALITY NOT QUANTITY THOSE PPL R THE DEPRIVED WHO WANT TO RITE MORE AND BECOME ENVIOUS OF THE PPL THAT RITE MANY LISEN QUANTITY BRINGS OUT QUALITY

connie

HSC
N/A
for section 3 i wrote 24 pages but i had heaps of diagrams but i was proud, it was the only exam i used three booklets for one question! and hey it took alot of effort so i can tell the world... (well maybe just us bos ppl)

oh and wog10 jus shutup!

shazabdazla

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss

and no reason to be jealous at all, there is so much more to life then skool..let alone business.....if ur not a big fan of biz, no wonder ur not doing that well... just try to do well at what u are good at... :p
....i love business...legal and business are my best subjects...92% for both as overall internal mark....but think i stuffed the hsc....

i left school in year 10 and i came back to school to get mt hsc to get into b business/b laws....

i used to go to school in sydney, i think you have much better access to resources there that really help you in study...this place is so darn isolated and well the student standards are not that high....yah....

um.....that really sux about your illness though, can you get special consideration?.....iv had pluracy through the year, and lived with a bunch of druggo's (not by choice!!!) yeh they made it so hard for me in first assesment task they were speeding all night went to get some coffee and some idiot had put base speed in it....was f!!ked for exams, got 77% in legal where in prelim yearly i got 96%...blabla....fishing for sympathy.....i also had to pay rent for them all the time (im on youth allowance) and sometimes had no money for food...yeh it sux not having parents tutors and resources...

anyway...makes it hard when dealing with all that shit then can't study through the year and have to study sooo much harder at the end....

don;t scolarships suck...they give students who get like 99 uai scolarships, where alot of the time (not always) those ppl do so well cos theyre already rich! (nurtured living environment, tutoring, mommy and daddy to help) while the poor and disadvantaged students are denied money to aid their fee paying and access to resources....and further disadvantaged...

OK ill shutup now!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hah well first of shaza u should be proud of that fact that u even wanna do well given ur situation... i think i would be far more jealous of someone's courage in a situation lyk that than doing well in a biz exam..

i wanna do a combined law course as well.. and with that ..i think u gotta aim high...

and yeah i reckon thatz true abt resrouces..... when i went up to tamworth for a holiday..the kids up there are sooo relaxed... there wernt mani tutors around.. at least its not a cult lyk in sydney... haha.. there wernt much resrouces relatively speaking so i guess things are a little less accessible up there comapred to sydney..

u have applied ACCESS right? ... trut that abt scholarships... but i know unsw are far more flexi ( in terms of financialli disadvantaged pplz) than syd... i was reading their list of a million scholarships.... and almsot half of it are for finanicalli disadvantaged...

take care shaza and remember this is just the begining not the end, there is so much more..... :p

shazabdazla

yeah...i didn't even think about applying for a scholarship....i applied for a place in the course...but i wonder how many ppl in sydney apply for access who don't really have disadvantage....OR...how many access students achieved a very high uai.....as the cut off for this course is 99.3 (last year)...

oh yeah...thanx for being reasonable with my "sad writing"....:)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
well 1 in every 3 pplz get access... that includes those who end up not needing it due to a high uai......

which uni u wanna go to for law?

and although u have evry reason to be sad.... dont let it get to u.. keep ur head up gal.. :[

shazabdazla

...erm...i applied for southern cross in lismore as my first pref cos i thought it most likely that if i would obtain entry it would be here (uai needed=93)....yet i really feel the disadvantage of attending a learning institution which has generally lower standards...also although living in sydney would be more financially difficult, i am more than willing to work around that issue for a better education...i think that if i were surrounded by higher class students i would comfortably rise to their level of thinking...(i have done it in the past...).......so yeh i'd really love unsw....(*laughs*)...i thin it's just a dream now though...because b business/b laws candidates generally have distinctly high abilities and achievements....

...oh yeah..i also applied for james cook uni in cairns...if all doesn't go well...but i hear it has a reputation of poorer graduate quality and significantly higher periods of unemployment after graduating and lower starting wages...unsw has prestige and connections...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
why dont u do a arts course in unsw and try to transfer? thatz a v realistic option that is not that hard to achieve... if u cant get into arts.. try another course... i think as long as u get a distinction avg it will be okay (might want to check up the second part of what i just said)......

and there are mani places u can work at in syd..... i had abt 4 jobs in yr 9 and 10...... and it def helped with the finance bit..... and i heard there are a few flats/houses around unsw campus... like most of them are lyk 2 pplz sharing.. some flats hapz more... so if find one of those flats..... it shouldnt be tooo much of a finanical burden..and if its noisy.. just study in the uni law libraries...

nerdd

Originally posted by shazabdazla
truly and nerdd, i have some questions for you:

1) What school do you guys go to and do they have high standard students

2) Did you both come first in your class, and with what mark, against how many ppl?

3) what uai's are you expexting and what do you want to do at which uni??

....im not tryn to b nosy..lol....just really curious (and jealous!!!!!!)
1) a private school in the top 100
2) I came 2nd out of about 50. mark 85
3) I dont want to say my aai :p just in case it jinxes me or something. but 90+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)