How much do assessment tasks contribute to your final HSC mark (2 Viewers)

Pace_T

HSC
miaomiao said:
This thread should be deleted... of course your assessments count, now go study for the next one!!!
Why should it be deleted? It's a good resource for those who are interested. In the statement "of course your assessments count", were you referring to my post? Of course they count. Who said they didn't? I only said the marks aren't the figure that is used for caculating the final mark. The rank is. You should read this entire thread before you make another comment like that.

Just to clarify:
The answer to the title of this thread is:
Your assessment tasks contribute 50% to your final HSC mark. 50% of your final HSC mark comes from your performance in the assessment tasks. The assessment mark is NOT directly used as the 50% contribution to your final HSC mark. The score in the final exam corresponding to your rank becomes your 50% school assessment contribution.

Getting back on track:
Well of course school assessment matters. To ensure that the 50% school assessment contribution is a good mark, you must have a good rank.

Oh and I might add this:
Why is subject rank so important when determining a UAI for someone's UAI prediction thread?
I'll let you figure that one out for youself..

Again, I must stress that I am not entirely sure that this theory is right. However, I have not seen anything that even remotely disproves this idea. Out of all the final results for the HSC I've seen from those around me, this theory seems correct.

EDIT: grammatical errors.

Last edited:

rajeev

HSC
i freak my self out and its realistic in going...

the weighting of this assesment is 20%... for a 2 unit subject... then its 5 because you pretty much have 10 units that count, and divide it by 2 because its only 50% of the assesment mark that counts to hsc..

in summary, any weighting divide it by 10 and thats how much it contributes to marks.. sure it will get scaled etc but thats how much it counts..

i make my self freak out by going omg i stuffed this test, i just like like 1% of my uai.. i no longer have any chance of getting over 99, and you have done this 10 times so you cant get over 90 now lol.. its not completely accurate but hey..

tennille

HSC
rajeev said:
i freak my self out and its realistic in going...

the weighting of this assesment is 20%... for a 2 unit subject... then its 5 because you pretty much have 10 units that count, and divide it by 2 because its only 50% of the assesment mark that counts to hsc..

in summary, any weighting divide it by 10 and thats how much it contributes to marks.. sure it will get scaled etc but thats how much it counts..

i make my self freak out by going omg i stuffed this test, i just like like 1% of my uai.. i no longer have any chance of getting over 99, and you have done this 10 times so you cant get over 90 now lol.. its not completely accurate but hey..
If the weighting of an assessment task is 20%, then it is worth 10% all up for your final HSC result.

If you lose 1% for an assessment task, it doesn't mean you lose 1% for your UAI. A UAI is a rank, not a mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)