How much do you dream with your loved one about the future?! (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Is it to the extent that you've got your fantasy wedding and wedding night planned already?! Or are you just in a relationship and not expecting it to last all that long?!

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Ok now that someone else has posted, you can rabble on about how you feel about your wonderful boyfriend, cos we're all just dying to know (again). :rolleyes:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I've pretty much got the wedding, following days and then subsequent 50 years figured out, down to nursing home selection.

Now I just need to get her to agree.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nakashima said:
Ok now that someone else has posted, you can rabble on about how you feel about your wonderful boyfriend, cos we're all just dying to know (again). :rolleyes:
Hahahahahaha oh the irony. Oh the delicious irony.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i can see us holding hands, walking on the beach our toes in the sand

etc

but anyway.. when i was young and (more) naive, i had big plans with my first boyfriend... we'd known each other all our lives and we were talking about marriage and everything... so much for that! so when my last boyfriend brought up marriage, i just laughed at him. (it was in the dying stages of our relationship and i was quite bemused at his ignorance)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
LOL, nope, I'm not going to rabble on again - it's others' turn. Even though he's wonderful, he's not perfect lol...there are some pretty frustrating things.

Officially, we've been together since Mid-August, unofficially, since Mid-July.

Just curious to see whether some people are as/more stuffed in the head on the whole love issue.

Is everytime really like the first time?! Can you still dream with the next guy after being hurt?!

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Nakashima said:
You're Dreamerish, right?

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
AlleyCat said:
You're Dreamerish, right?

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

I think so, during one of those posts where I got bullied, it was mentioned that she's Dreamerish. :)

How'd people know that, apart from them telling people specifically...

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
i can see us holding hands, walking on the beach our toes in the sand

etc

but anyway.. when i was young and (more) naive, i had big plans with my first boyfriend... we'd known each other all our lives and we were talking about marriage and everything... so much for that! so when my last boyfriend brought up marriage, i just laughed at him. (it was in the dying stages of our relationship and i was quite bemused at his ignorance)
lol, the mere mention of marriage should scare most people

lengy

HSC
Doesn't scare me. I always thought about it, but plans change, people change, desires change. What you want, what you need, what's real and within grasp and what's just a dream.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Well, I have never been as content and comfortable with anyone as I am with my current partner, and because of this I can see myself staying with him forever.

Don't know about actual marriage, though.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
In my experience you can fall head over heels for someone even after a messy break-up it just means that maybe you're more guarded than you should be.....

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
My thoughts on this is that dreams are harmless, unless you're living 100% in the future right now. Then that's just too carried away.

There comes a point in relationships where it is "serious" enough to think about the future, but then, most people, even me, yes, even me, still want to keep dreaming and keep looking...only elsewhere. One reason is that far out, we're young, another might be that our own divorced parents give us the fears...and another might be that the relationship just isn't serious enough.

Things just change too much and as much as I hate that, things will just keep changing.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
oh yeah i'm one of those freaks.

I've picked my engagement ring.. and i found my wedding dress on ebay for $150. I was going to buy it but i think its just a BIT freaky.

But then.. the other day my b/f was actually ASKING me what kind of ring, wedding, ceremony, life i want and i got alllllll freaked out.

I was like..

FREAK!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I'm the dreamer in our relationship, and I've always wanted to get married, so I've certainly thought about it, but I know that I will have to wait until he is well and truly ready and this may be several years yet.

Also, he's a very carpe diem kind of person and lives solely for today, maybe a little bit for tommorow, but never really plans all that much.

I on the other hand love to think about tommorow, next week, next month etc. and I'm always planning and dreaming. We make for a good contrast though :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ujuphleg said:
I'm the dreamer in our relationship, and I've always wanted to get married, so I've certainly thought about it, but I know that I will have to wait until he is well and truly ready and this may be several years yet.

Also, he's a very carpe diem kind of person and lives solely for today, maybe a little bit for tommorow, but never really plans all that much.

I on the other hand love to think about tommorow, next week, next month etc. and I'm always planning and dreaming. We make for a good contrast though :)
oh wow deep susan :p i hope someday someone says "that tom guy is so carpe diem"

ive been too burned in past relationships to be anything other than realistic in the current one im in now. i love the girl to death and i can see it happening one day but its not a conversation i like to indulge in or fantasise about

J

jhakka

We talk about it occasionally, but its mainly Tennille saying "I AM NOT NAMING OUR KID GERTRUDE!"

And that Tom guy... so carpe diem. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)