how much does it cost for printing a page at uni (1 Viewer)

baker182

HSC
hey i just like to know how much it costs to print a page from the computer printers in the CT Lab, because there should be a notice there of how much it costs, but there is no sign there and i would like to know how much money i should put in my uni card for using the printer

Cheers

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
printing is 10 cents per sheet (double sided) for black and white
not sure for colour

photocopying is 20 cents per sheet (single sided)...i think

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think a lot of people also d/l stuff at uni (go the broadband!!) and save it, then print it at home to save $$

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Where abouts do you actually go to put the money on your student card, like what is the room number? Also, where do you go for general Internet access? Can you just go to the library:confused:?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i often use CT building, or cybercycle, or the library. um i cant remember where i put money on my card.....maybe it was at the library reception. i've put on a grand title of $5 in the year and a bit ive been there

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by um..
i often use CT building, or cybercycle, or the library. um i cant remember where i put money on my card.....maybe it was at the library reception. i've put on a grand title of $5 in the year and a bit ive been there
So which room in the CT building is the general computer usage room? So you can use the library computers for anything, not just research:confused:?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
when you walk into the CT through the doors, the corridor on your left, go up that and its the first room on your right. you can sneek in to any lab though, really, as long as theres no one in there
actually once i finished of a website thingo in somebody elses class, i just walked in with a mate who had the class and did it. its not too stringently policed

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by um..
when you walk into the CT through the doors, the corridor on your left, go up that and its the first room on your right. you can sneek in to any lab though, really, as long as theres no one in there
actually once i finished of a website thingo in somebody elses class, i just walked in with a mate who had the class and did it. its not too stringently policed
Thanks a lot for your help "um..":).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
Where abouts do you actually go to put the money on your student card, like what is the room number? Also, where do you go for general Internet access? Can you just go to the library:confused:?
to put money on your card, you use the autoloaders, which are usually somewhere around the printers. theres one in auchmuty, one in AIC, i think one in CT, one in Hunter...etc.
also, just for general purpose, use the AIC computers; although their in high demand so i wouldnt sit on them for hours bludging.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
also, just for general purpose, use the AIC computers; although their in high demand so i wouldnt sit on them for hours bludging.
What is AIC:confused:? Thank:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
What is AIC:confused:? Thank:).
auchmuty information common (the new bit below auchmuty with all the computers)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
although their in high demand so i wouldnt sit on them for hours bludging.
i guess i should stop posting on BOS from the AIC then right?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PrincessSJ
i guess i should stop posting on BOS from the AIC then right?
haha, whatever you reckon is a fair thing.

i guess what im saying is, if you use them, by all means bludge, just make sure you have a blackboard window or something open at the same time so you can flick to it whenever anyone walks by..

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
so thats why i have the dumb history essay writing model opened and i occasionally open it...

i knew i did that for a reason

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
auchmuty information common (the new bit below auchmuty with all the computers)
Oh, OK. Thanks hipsta_jess. I haven't been to the Auchmuty library yet:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
Photocopying at UWS is 9c and printing is 11c per page. At UNCLE do u have those machines where u put coins into ur own individual account and stuff
yep, an autoloader, it adds onto our student card and we can add either coins or notes (or both)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)