How much does uni count? (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
All the benefits and stuff are really great though.

Have you ever had anyone in your family work in a government job? They're pretty gr8.
nope my family wanted to like... you know...provide food on the table for me and brother lol

TheBloop

HSC
nope my family wanted to like... you know...provide food on the table for me and brother lol
My mum is a single mother and she provides for me just fine.

Makes ~$100k/year in a government job, plus she gets like 12 weeks of holidays a year and stuff too.

Also, she didn't even get a Uni degree until she was already in her current role (at a different location because since she's been moved so she's working closer to home (5 minute drive)) which she did through distance ed at CSU and I'm pretty sure it was paid for by them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
Good for her.

different people want different things. 100k isnt what i consider enough money to live in australia - things are too expensive

TheBloop

HSC
Good for her.

different people want different things. 100k isnt what i consider enough money to live in australia - things are too expensive
it is good for her, if she wanted more money she could take a side job considering she works 4 days and has all of that time in the holidays.

Also, when my dad was still ~around~ the family income was ~$220k and my mum was making a fair bit less than she is now, and we had like a boat, a bunch of tvs, a pool and spa, and a whole bunch of random shit we don't need.

We still have a whole bunch of shit we don't need. $100k is actually pretty decent.

Like, there is nothing wrong with government jobs, you have no sea what you're talking about.

is a roflcopter
HSC
the only thing wrong with government jobs is that is pays shit (in my opinion)

if you consider 100k enough for you then thats fine. as i said different people want different things. you want to drive a toyota i want to drive an aston martin. nothing wrong with either of our choices (except that im more awesome)

TheBloop

HSC
the only thing wrong with government jobs is that is pays shit (in my opinion)

if you consider 100k enough for you then thats fine. as i said different people want different things. you want to drive a toyota i want to drive an aston martin. nothing wrong with either of our choices (except that im more awesome)
they aren't though.

100k is enough unless you're a spoilt brat who needs *everything*.
And if you have a multi-parent family that's $200k+ which is definitely enough.

Yours definitely isn't "more awesome." You can act like you're king of the world because you're driving a penis extension but that doesn't change that you're probably just a little boy that will always be somewhat dependent on his parents, and that just because you were born into that family you have that luxury and not from any actual accomplishment of your own, if you were born in Africa it'd be a really different story, and you should be grateful rather than just assume you're going to keep the same economic status your whole life.

is a roflcopter
HSC
they aren't though.

100k is enough unless you're a spoilt brat who needs *everything*.
And if you have a multi-parent family that's $200k+ which is definitely enough.

Yours definitely isn't "more awesome." You can act like you're king of the world because you're driving a penis extension but that doesn't change that you're probably just a little boy that will always be somewhat dependent on his parents, and that just because you were born into that family you have that luxury and not from any actual accomplishment of your own, if you were born in Africa it'd be a really different story, and you should be grateful rather than just assume you're going to keep the same economic status your whole life.

hahaha dont worry man, once you grow up and see the world, you can come back to this post and see how naive you are.
in the mean time you can continue to live your sheltered life with your mommy.

being mediocre is fine, being satisfied about mediocrity is not. thats why im more awesome than you

loapowm

Banned
HSC
hahaha dont worry man, once you grow up and see the world, you can come back to this post and see how naive you are.
in the mean time you can continue to live your sheltered life with your mommy.

being mediocre is fine, being satisfied about mediocrity is not. thats why im more awesome than you
100k is alot to live on. tbh you could manage on 50k (but you wouldn't live to well)

If you are in a relation you need at least a dual of income of 100K to live well in Australia

no i dont get surprised about government pay. and no it doesnt pay well.... unless you take bribes! yes thats the way
Pays pretty shit. However its okay (if you don't mind living in the middle class)

But government jobs pay increasing much slower than private sectors

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
some people want yachts, luxury cars and million dollar homes. if they're willing to do the work to get there, then they deserve everything they get. these people pay taxes and support the scum. its what makes the world go round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)