how much effort (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, im in yr 10 atm and have chosen these subs for yr 11 : English adv, maths 2-3u, business studies, physics, IPT, engineering. I want to build a strong foundation for physics and 3unit in year 11 so that i am prepared and confident with further study throughout year 12. i am also wanting a minimum atar of 85 so that i get into my desired engineering course at UTS or UNSW so does anyone know how much marks i should be getting, like i mean should i be getting constant 90+ in each exam?

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
85% among your subjects and you are very prepared for the Year 12 course.

jnney

lemon
HSC
^ the above response is not true.

It depends on your school ranking. It would probably be best to ask your teachers.

s-tressed

HSC
I believe getting consistent 90+ in all your subjects will get your more than a 85 ATAR. But, it depends on scaling and all that fancy stuff. You could try play around with atar calculators :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Your personal rank in your school is what matters. Rule of thumb: Try to get as high as possible in ranks in year 12.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Depends on your school rank, but generally top 3 of your cohort guarantees a 90+ (it would be different for schools in top 20 and stuff, where you'd only need to get into like top 70% or something to guarantee a 90+)

But generally, 90+ in each exam is pretty good. But you can't measure the relative difficulties of that against other schools, so as long as you're consistently in the top % of your cohort, it can guarantee a 85+ ATAR

enoilgam

HSC
It's too difficult to say without a school ranking, but assuming you go to an average HS (i.e. ranked around the 300s), you should aim to be in the top 10-15% of your subjects for 85+.

derphhh

HSC
N/A
Make sure you stay on top of as many of your subjects as possible! even business studies since you will be competing against so many people; Hopefully you will be able to do well in 3U math and physics so you can get into the desired course! Check out the ATAR calculator's especially the dux college one which shows you which marks you need to get a particular ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)