• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much have u done on Your major Project and when is it due? (2 Viewers)

Demandred

HSC
Word limit is no more than 2500, it says in bold on my sheet and the teacher specifically says do not get higher than that. 10,000 is overkill!

R

randhi

believe me your not the only one. im sure there are many of us who are on your boat at the moment.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
At least you get some sort of scribbles :).I don't think our teachers were too keen on actually receiving any drafts because they said, because it's internally marked, they feel if they see drafts, they'll be almost editing our final copy...I reckon the real reason is that they're too lazy to mark 40 drafts...or more, depending on how many each person hands in.
ok so my modern teacher is not one of my two ext hist teachers. since my topic is of a modern nature and he knows alot about it...is it ok to ask ANOTHER history teacher in the history faculty to read the draft and give feedback? and im the only one with a modern background in the ext class anyway but some others are doing modern topics even though they do ancient.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
ok so my modern teacher is not one of my two ext hist teachers. since my topic is of a modern nature and he knows alot about it...is it ok to ask ANOTHER history teacher in the history faculty to read the draft and give feedback? and im the only one with a modern background in the ext class anyway but some others are doing modern topics even though they do ancient.
As you said, your modern teacher isn't one of your extension teachers, so I don't see the problem in your modern teacher or someone else in the faculty marking your draft. Actually, that's a really good idea :). Just ask the teacher, whether it be your modern teacher, or someone else in the faculty, if they would be willing to mark it :)

Hey, do you reckon people can swap drafts, e.g. I give mine to someone, and someone gives there's to me, and then we get teachers from our schools to mark them, then we give them back?

Plebeian

Hey, do you reckon people can swap drafts, e.g. I give mine to someone, and someone gives there's to me, and then we get teachers from our schools to mark them, then we give them back?
I think that would be for your teacher to decide, whether they are happy to mark drafts of people from other schools.

Originally posted by Nerissa
TECHIE ----> We have the same due date. I'm sensing an opportunity for swapping and proofreading...up for it? (Probably not, after your in - depth review of my proposal, you're sick of me for sure!!)
Depends on whether it's a multi-volume epic... ;)
But seriously, I'd be happy to. It'll make me have mine done a bit early, rather than at the last minute.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Techie
I think that would be for your teacher to decide, whether they are happy to mark drafts of people from other schools.

Yeah you're right, I doubt many teachers would want to mark other people's work, especially if they are from another school.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ hmmm if they did, they would have to be a very enthusiatic teacher that absoluitely loves history and marking etc

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hahaha goood idea! except even the nicest teachers wont want to mark 10 000 drafts from other ppl! it would be abit strange to ask a teacher to read and comment on a student's work from another school...on 2nd thought...i dunno.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
im screwed as well, my topic was not approved, im still trying to find a topic!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
it might be an idea though, for like everyone in here to buddy up and ask their teachers if they would "review" (if you say review, they won't think of it as mark) and everyone swaps with someone else and gets the teachers to do just one. that way, they don't makr 10,000 papers, everyone gets a second opinion and we're all happy.

mines due end of term 3, so if theres someone else out there with a similar due date, i'd be happy to help.

you know, even if you can't get teachers though, a second opinion from another extension student would be really helpful anyway... see how we all go :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hang on, did i say end of term three? omigod i'm stupid.

i meant end of term 2 lol -- sorry!!

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Hhahaha I did think that it was a little strange that it was due that late...

the questions

Mine is due June 1st and Im finding it soo hard to start!
Got all the info but actually starting it is proving to be REALLY HARD!
last night job again....i can see it....

trekkie

HSC
Im doing whether William Bligh has been maligned in history, really easy there is a heap available on it and its a contentious issue, ours is due week 9

HSC
my draft is due on MOnday! As in tomorrow!
But the final thing is due in Week 9, and apparently we can keep handing in many drafts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)