• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much homework do you get in Economics? (1 Viewer)

idan

HSC
I was wondering how much work people do in economic per day, I am talking about set work, NOT study. Economics is by far my most demanding subject, I do about 2 pages in class and 2 for homework every day. Is this normal? How much do you all get?

idan

HSC
Oh, sorry, are you in year 12?

I'm in year 11. Some people have finished an excercise book in only our first term.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im in the beginning of my 3rd term in year 12 and im almost finished with my 2nd a4 exercise book :p with extra piles of notes and folders to boot :D

stressed monkie

im a random
im going to be very honest with you during yr 11 and yr 12 eco my teacher gave as set homework maybe once a month and it ouwld just be finishing of a sheet or something trival like that but thats just me...:confused:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
HW is not really HW in yr 12 as u should be doing tonnes of the work yourself..esp for eco. notes and reviding and past papers and essays need to be done without the constant prompting by your teacher

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
when i did ecos, in year 11, it was the only subject i got absolutely no homework ( except for looking up 2 definitons once)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I hardly ever get homework for eco...once in a while we get some questions to answer, but that's about it...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
that would be because you are expected to do most of the work yourself. meh

idan

HSC
I don't understand how you could get no homework, we do so much work and it's all different. Damn teacher.

M@C D@DDY

HSC
we just do a lot of worksheets that's all the homework we get although it makes it easier when it gets to exams because you already have notes which follow the syllabus

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
economics is pretty demanding...basically because it is all theory-based
sometimes we don't recieve homework, and sometimes we recieve up to 3 hours or more of work...it really all depends

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by hyperbole
economics is pretty demanding...basically because it is all theory-based
Economics is not theory based. It is applications based.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, prelim eco is nothing but wait till you get to yr 12 eco. omg the amount of work you need to cover plus the skills to apply them in the exam is just crazy!

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
no no homework and every lesson we just do multiple choice like 40-60 q's that teacher gets from this book.

schmackers

HSC
N/A
Eco is actually my least demanding subject, by far. My workload for Ext 2 maths is at least like 10 times as much as eco. We never get given hw, but we do have to look through newspapers everyday for articles (we have to hand in a portfolio in mid term-2). We don't summarise or anything from books. We also have a booklet of past HSC questions, and practice M/C and short answers that we're meant to "do in our own time" and hand in, but apart from that, eco is usually a breeze hw-wise.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
my teacher basically talks all lesson then gives VV little h/w or none at all!
yeah my teacher talks and talks and talks...most lessons we do nothing because we just listen to him...although half the stuff isn't relevant, but it's quite entertaining :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)