how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (1 Viewer)

insomniac90

7/9/08
HSC
kevinx2 said:
I've seen Exam Erasers....
or they could be Exam Grade Erasers?
What makes them so special?
hahah yeah i have one. its black and it leaves less eraser ''dust'' behind and the rub a lot better.

but all together for school ive paid:
approx:
$1000 tsfx lectures
$200 excel/jacaranda books
$300 art major
$50 eta lecture (english)
TOTAL: $1550

HSC
-may-cat- said:
never heard of them, sounds like bullshit to me
haha to me 'exam pens' and 'exam erasers' are all bull shit just a way of trying to put the student body at ease

like alot of other people i just use the kilometrico pens, lol

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Kilometrico pens have no grip, and like most papermate pens they tend to leak somewhat.

jamesboyd9

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
My parents spend thousands of dollars for my brothers tutoring and he is only in year 10. Tbh I'd rather have my brother get a thorough education than have a small percentage of additional income in the bank. Education is for life bro.
A lot of people get though education quite easily without spending thousands of dollers on tutoring...

especially from year 10...

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I don't mind public school kids getting tutors, but I find it baffling that some people will pay $20 000 of school fees and then still require tutoring. What's the point? I go to a private school, and there are some kids who do absolutely nothing in class and then get 10 hours of tutoring per week. Talk about waste...

As for me
Books (2nd hand) + stationary = about $200
School Fees = embarrassed to say

2S1D3

HSC
lyounamu said:
People who rely on tutors to perform well are just pathetic cunts who will just fail their lives. Relying on people to do something that you must do is just not a right way to go and this will prove highly unsuccessfull in the long run.

HSC is not designed to test your resourcefullness, it is designed to test your effort, academic abilities and your resiliency towards stress, heated competition and rivalry. For those who memorise off their tutors' essays, you will seriously need luck in the further future. I can seriously picture you losers with UAI notification paper saying you got lower than 30 UAI.

Some people seriously don't know how to utilise the resources given to them. They just take advantage of the resources provided by their parents. It's just sad.

The last words: good luck to all those who work their asses off for HSC fairly and I hope you achieve the target UAI aim!
+1
God there's this guy in my school who has about 2 tutors for Physics and 2 Unit Maths and 1 for every other subject. Yet he averages 50-70% for each subject, it just goes to show that tutoring isn't always helpful, IMO.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
midifile said:
I'm topping all my subjects except english (which I'm coming 3rd in) and i've never had any form of tutoring

Agreed. There is a guy in my school who gets 10 hours of tutoring a week, and isnt even in the top half for any of his subjects
Isnt 10hrs normal for people that attend selective schools for subjects such as maths 3,4, unit, chem physics and english?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
2S1D3 said:
+1
God there's this guy in my school who has about 2 tutors for Physics and 2 Unit Maths and 1 for every other subject. Yet he averages 50-70% for each subject, it just goes to show that tutoring isn't always helpful, IMO.
lol, but what if he didnt have tutors at all, wouldnt his marks be lower?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Deltan said:
lol, but what if he didnt have tutors at all, wouldnt his marks be lower?
Not really. He could be bludging through tutor.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Deltan said:
Isnt 10hrs normal for people that attend selective schools for subjects such as maths 3,4, unit, chem physics and english?
I wouldnt say 10 hours...

And I dont go to a selective school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)