How much should i be studying? (1 Viewer)

lachie611

HSC
I'm only in year 10 but i'm just wondering about peoples opinions on how much i should be studying both this year and in year 11?

macrazy

HSC
As much as you need to be. I know that answer is really annoying but its true, theres no set amount of hours that will work. This year I'd sat focus more on finding a technique that works for you, and next year just consistently study as much as you need to throughout the term so you wont have to cram for your exams. It will also depend on what subjects you're taking and how you handle them, but geberally you should be able to tell if you are studying too little or much :) if you want a conparison, I'm in year 10 at the moment and probably average around 5 or so hours a week, but more around exam times. That amount of time is giving me great ranks but isnt so much that I cant handle it. Remember its more about how you study than how much :)

HSC
N/A
omg lul T___T I hardly study at all. . . lol it's preee bad actually maybe on a good day I'll manage to concentrate for a full 30 minutes but most days (unless there is an exam coming up) I hardly manage 10 productive minutes at all.
next year however, I will not be as lazy

t0fu

HSC
There's no set amount of time to study lol. It depends on what you're aiming to do in the future. If you want a high atar and not end up in tafe (not dissing tafe) you should start getting more motivated. I dont understand how people expect during the transition between yr10 and yr11 to suddenly increase their hours spent studying. Success and consistency does not come in a day. If you dont put in the effort today dont expect tomorrow to be better. But if you want a straight up answer i think a few hours a day tbh...

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
People studied in year 10? wot

Year 7-10 means very little in your performance in senior years, my year coordinator said if i continued how i was in year 10 i would get a 70 atar (trololol), now i'm on track for MUCH better.

Just apply yourself in year 11 from the start, don't think it doesn't matter because it does. It is the foundation for year 12, you learn your most efficient ways to study, gain experience in how to answer specific types of questions etc. I think 2 hours would be adequate normally, with more obviously for exam periods. Try and focus to work on consistency, 2 hours a day is much better than 5 hours for a few weeks.

DavidxC

HSC
There's no set amount of time to study lol. It depends on what you're aiming to do in the future. If you want a high atar and not end up in tafe (not dissing tafe) you should start getting more motivated. I dont understand how people expect during the transition between yr10 and yr11 to suddenly increase their hours spent studying. Success and consistency does not come in a day. If you dont put in the effort today dont expect tomorrow to be better. But if you want a straight up answer i think a few hours a day tbh...
Trust t0fu to mention tafe (Y)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Study? In year ten? Hahaha don't worry you'll be fine.

Julie M

HSC
I'm in year 11 and I study maybe half an hour a week. In year 10 I don't even think I knew what studying was..

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What my mum always says is to work efficiently not lots of hours
Yep.... You can be half procrastinating and half working (6 in total) or do 4 hours of efficient study (no distractions )..;;

R4diance

HSC
I'm in Year 10 and i study <30 mins/day around ~3 days before exams. (However there are some subjects which I don't study for at all, which is sad hahaha but oh well)

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
If you do 2 hours consistently a day once you get home from school I'm pretty sure you can be the top of every single class. Except for maths. Maths requires constant practice.

Just relax. Nothing counts, and stuff like Geography, just bludge through it unless you actually want to do it in Year 11 and 12.

HSC
N/A
about 4-5 hours a week I think.
Im pretty sure it says somewhere in the baulko diary...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)