• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much should you be writing? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
How many pages should you get done in an hour? I know it depends on writing size and personal expectations, but yeah, any suggestions? At the moment for religion I can write 3-4 pages in 40 minutes. Is that enough??

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that is enough. I used to be able to write six pages for English in a 53 minute period. I write fast, however, by the end, it's borderline illegible.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Possibly 6-8. About 7 A4 pages, and probably 10 in the HSC booklets. But you guys are doing your prelim, so you take your own paper right? Yeah, about 7 A4 pages then. Fast thinking = fast writing.

dpospination

HSC
at the moment, i can roughly write an average of a page in 10 mins, consistently, so 6 in an hour, but, i want to improve that, even if i can bring it down to a page every 7 to 8 mins, thats brings it up to 71/2 to 9 pages an hour

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
3-4 in 35 mins for economics

Most i've done is 5 in an hour which gave me cramps for about 2 hrs

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'd so cut my allowed time in half, just to use a computer. Hell, I'd quarter my time if I had to.

1 hr = 4-5 pages.

bored of sc

HSC
I had the religion assessment task today and wrote 3 and a quarter pages in 40 minutes. I'm happy with that. Some people got 4 though :( I do understand its quality that matters but quantity is also good; provdided my essay was good; I think I achieved that balance of quality and quanitity.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
ohhhh craaaaaaap..
I can only write about 2 pages max. Can I get away with this in yr11 & 12??

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Well for your HSC you need to be able to write essays in 40 mins. Usually your essays will be around 2 1/2 to 4 A4 pages depending on how well prepared you are. Your writing size also has an influence. For instance my friend and I usually write around the same amount but if I wrote 3 and 1/2 pages hers would only take up a bit over 2 pages as she writes tiny.... so yeah the more you practice the more you will improve. The first time you write something you're not expected to get as much out as opposed to an exam where you are sposed to be prepared

bettina44

HSC
how can u write 6 or even nine pages?i can only manage bout 2

can i ask
how big do you write?

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
:p actually i think it is rather smaller than that, hard to show on computer lol but it is Quality not Quantity that matters

kritikal?

HSC
I wrote about 5 in 50 minutes for an English Ext. creative story, but I was thinking on my feet then, and looking about. Morning classes are sucky :(

The Kaiser

HSC
I focus on quality of my writing and follow the criteria on my assessment sheets rather than how much I actually write.

That being said I write around 3-5 pages in an hour depending on the question and the subject.

As long as you follow the criteria on the assesment sheet, include quotes/evidence, give a proper analysis/conclusion and frequently answer back to the question, around 3-4 pages an hour should be enough to recieve a high mark.

ccc123

HSC
kaz1 said:
OMG 9 pages in an hour?

That's not insane for an hour of regurgitation. Anyway, its quality not quantity. Be succinct. Don't digress. Answer the question on the paper, not the one you memorised an essay for. These are more valuable things to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)