how much study=how high UAI? (1 Viewer)

emily

with me studying doesn't usually correspond, my marks seem to stay the same whether i study on the train b4 the exam (like the trials...) or constantly for a few days before, my marks don't seem to vary, which is annoying when i know people will start studying now and those who have been getting the same as me will do better :)

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
i think 8-12 hours daily is the norm for the next 2 weeks
yeah! totally! lol............wat time would u get up, and how many breaks would u take??????? i'd be sooo worn out..and after 7 hours i wouldn't be able to absorb any more info!!

p.s. all u ppl talking in physics and mathematical terms......i have NO idea wat ur talking bout!! lol :)

connie

HSC
N/A
see thats what annoys me about this site! i find it so useful that i forget that im meant to be studying and start replying to these threads!
arrggghhhh

Benno

HSC
well last year for me
0 study = 41.05 so by doing twice as much study
0x2 =0...... hmm that doesnt work
hehe hopfully its 41.05x2= 82.1
but i know i wont get that hmm so maybe 41.05x 1.5=61.60
which is 2 low so i will try one more time 41.05x1.75= 71.85 just right :)

jpk

Look, as much as it's good to study, also remember that you need to look after yourself, go for a walk or a run, hit golfballs down the local park, go to the beach, have a swim... fly a kite... do something.... it's good just to clear your mind and relieve a bit of stress.

As for studying.... 1 hour before each exam in the student carpark reading excel study guides listening to JJJ on the radio and eating breakfast... and I managed to walk out with 96.7... Study is good but just because you do 1 hour or 14 hours a day, it doesn't mean that you're marks will correspond with the effort put in.... knowing the stuff is the key, not the hours you put in, but with the odd exception, the more study you put in, the better your marks will be..... generally speaking of course.

how mani hrz did u study a dai durin holidaiz

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jpk
Look, as much as it's good to study, also remember that you need to look after yourself, go for a walk or a run, hit golfballs down the local park, go to the beach, have a swim... fly a kite... do something.... it's good just to clear your mind and relieve a bit of stress.

As for studying.... 1 hour before each exam in the student carpark reading excel study guides listening to JJJ on the radio and eating breakfast... and I managed to walk out with 96.7... Study is good but just because you do 1 hour or 14 hours a day, it doesn't mean that you're marks will correspond with the effort put in.... knowing the stuff is the key, not the hours you put in, but with the odd exception, the more study you put in, the better your marks will be..... generally speaking of course.

how mani hrz did u study a dai durin holidaiz
WTF!, did u just copy/paste that from that other guy a few posts back?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Kurby
WTF!, did u just copy/paste that from that other guy a few posts back?

No, the person cut and paste but asked "how mani hrz did u study a dai durin holidaiz".... I didn't write that because I use english and mispelt variations of it, not internet talk.

And to answer the question..... I didn't study during the holidays at all.

Left-ism

HSC
im doing like 6-8hrs a day and im goin for high 90s. it really depends on your ability and how much u already know..i mean if you studied hard during the trials you shouldnt need to study as much as someone who didn't. but yeh 6+ is pretty good.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i got 4 hours of maths a day and .......thats it........
last week i was on 10 a day

kamankitty

kamankitty
HSC
N/A
okay......u guys are freaking me out...
i can feel the stress now........

i think i should go to the library and lock myself up.....
start doing more studying....

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by jpk

QUOTE]

that's not going to work for everyone though (studying for 1 hr before exams)
it's probably better if you work towards goals rather than a certain number of hours
eg. i'm going to do section 1 of last year's hsc paper or i'm going to learn all my quotes
because otherwise you'll get to the stage of "gotta make it to 7 hours, gotta keep going for another 2 hours" and what you are studying isn't going to sink in and it'll be wasting your time

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It definitely won't work for everyone... thats a certainty. Just make sure you know the work and are prepared.

Leanne

HSC
thanx all.....i'm actually really getting into the work this week..prac essays and stuff....leanring heaps more than simple rewriting notes like i was doing last week!

Benno

HSC
good on, you

now some 1 say " good job benno for all the work you have been doing"

"what work?" hehe, nah i try at least to do over 3 hours a day hmm i havnt started today yet, dan u discovered this forum at a bad time!!!!!!!!!!!!

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
UAI is not proportional to how much you study =p
it's how EFFICIENT you study... I think setting hour limits to study is not very good... basically you may be forcing yourself to study when you ain't in the mood... in which case, nothing will get processed by your brain, you are likely to forget whatever you tried to learn. So pick a time you can absorb efficiently, and then do the stuff.

Oh and if you don't have such a time........ *shivers*..... best of luck to you.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Nick
yeah topped ancient history too.. her marks are in that 100 UAI thread Laz made,

i have to say i was a little disappointed, id expect more from 14 hours a day..
Originally posted by Skywalker
Wasn't she the girl who topped economics ?

This was in the smh i think..
My brother told me that Megan (the girl who u r reffering to), her brother is doing the HSC this year!! it would be interesting to see how well he goes (good luck to him and all u otha HSC ppl out there!!!)

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
My brother told me that Megan (the girl who u r reffering to), her brother is doing the HSC this year!! it would be interesting to see how well he goes (good luck to him and all u otha HSC ppl out there!!!)
Poor Guy... Having to live up to such high standards. I know the feeling :(

swordfish

i set myself a number of hours- u might think this is a bit obsessive but i time myself using a watch- i find it motivates me to keep going. it works for me anyhow. 8 hrs every day during the week since skool broke up....but nothing, ever, on the weekends. The weekends are for fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)