How much study these holidays? (1 Viewer)

starlighty

HSC
N/A
Yo everyone! I was just wondering how many hours a day everyone will be studying these holidays? My teachers told me I should be doing 8 - 10 hours a day, cause trials start in mid August. Does that seem excessive to you? It sure did to me...I'm thinking about 5 - 6 hours a day realistically...and that's only because I've got a shitload of work to do:
*2 English assessments
*1 His. Ext. major work (essay, synopsis, sources, log book)
*Ancient History assessment
*IPT Multimedia Project
*Notes for all modules for English, Ancient, IPT, His. Ext, SoR
*4 U Maths revision
I can't wait to hand in all my assessments, so that I can just focus on researching, compiling and memorizing excellent study notes for the exams. How long are people's study notes generally? Particularly in subjects like Ancient, History Extension and IPT? Anyway, do you think 5 - 6 hours will be enough? 5 - 6 days a week? I'm aiming for a UAI of 98+...Feel free to share your schedules and plans, and then we can all assess how successful we were in meeting our holiday study goals. Oh, and by the way, anyone going to those holiday HSC lecture thingys?

PS - I prefer the old forum layout.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Yeah i'm planning on doing a heap of work this holidays
- dont know bbut prob end up having some really really long study days plus all the other work that i've got to do along with it
  • Ext II Eng MW
  • Ext History MW
  • Study for Trials
  • Assignments for Religion, Ancient, Eng, Ext I Eng
  • Million Essays for various Subjects
  • Holiday homework

we start trials in Sept (on 1st) so i want all my notes done by the end of holidays for everything we've done to date plus get all assignemtns we've been given done so looks like its going to be very very busy

HSC
hmm..lets see..
i've done:
  • 3u/4u past papers
  • economics notes
  • some economics study

and i've got 3 assessments, which i havn't touched, i've been bludging too much :uhhuh:..

HSC
MissSavage29 said:
Yeah i'm planning on doing a heap of work this holidays
- dont know bbut prob end up having some really really long study days plus all the other work that i've got to do along with it
  • Ext II Eng MW
  • Ext History MW
  • Study for Trials
  • Assignments for Religion, Ancient, Eng, Ext I Eng
  • Million Essays for various Subjects
  • Holiday homework

we start trials in Sept (on 1st) so i want all my notes done by the end of holidays for everything we've done to date plus get all assignemtns we've been given done so looks like its going to be very very busy

ahhhhhhh..the pinkness is blinding me! :uhhuh:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'll be doing 8 hours a day minimum.

I have trials third week back and my drama showcase/group performances and my Extension 2 and Drama IP due.

Oh and i have some random English speech I need to do as well, but that shouldn't take to much time :p

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
SH*T! i better study 8 hrs during these holidays to then. cause my trials are starting mid august.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
8 hours is a tad ambitious for me :p

Ill probably aim for for 5 -6 hours a day, and try to keep at it.

If I try to do 8-10, Ill just lose motivation and get lazy.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Persephone87 said:
My idea of studying is drawing up a pretty timetable :p
I don't even do that.

I'm taking this weekend and maybe Monday off. No work (that I don't enjoy) until Tuesday.

I have to revise, write my Reflection Statement for Eng Ext 2, do a whole bunch of essays for Eng Ext 1, and do my bloody PIP (which was crap in my first draft).

Oh, and I don't even want to set myself a time limit per day. It's depressing.

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
Ive got no assessments but i have been given at least 2 practice papers to do for each subject and have to do some work to grt ready for the Trials and all so about every 2nd day will be STUDY
Which is a bit SAD!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I will be studying a lot from monday through to sunday because of study camp. After that, just whenever l can fit the time.

Winston

HSC
Yeah me too study like crazy, trials soon... :(

chandelier

Wow. That's all I can say really, I'm thinking I must be realy unambitious or you guys are jsut crazy. 8 hours? i was planning on 3/4....and that includes my three major works and 2 assesments. Realistically, I didn't think I'd get much studying for the trials at all....which starts two weeks back Term 3....maybe I need to get out a pen and draw myself up a schedule.....

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ive just got to write notes for everything and do maths practice papers..
also practice for my croatian speaking exam which is on the 14th of august.. basically a discussion on a topic with photos as visual aids to the discussion hehe
ill have to limit myself on this.. prob study in the day and this at nite.. meh

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i think 5-6 hrs a day is more dan enuf during the hols ..if u do more then well n good....but don't do so much dat u eventually burn urself....n remember these r HOLIDAYZZZZ ....!!!!:D

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
well i don't plan to study specific hours.... i will just do some notes for IPT and SDD and i have to do some practice biz essays coz i have an assessement second day back.... i juz take break

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
:( i got a shit load to do tooooo!!
GOD!!@@> tonnes of english hw and an assignment for SDD!
on top of that i should study!!
so it means less net (hopefully) :rolleyes: and more work :D

olay

HSC
whoo you guys made me feel a bit better :) i'm planning to do craploads of work this hols too [which is kinda working so far], and i'm glad we're in the same boat. gets rid of the "well...everyone else is bludging so that gives me permission to procrastinate too" excuse...:)

edit: btw, i prefer the old layout too...!!! but it'll prob be like the 'new' hotmail... i didn't like it at first, but i quite like it now. :) change is good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)