How much time for each section in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

span23

OK does anyone know, cos some of the italian listening i have from past years go for about 40 minutes, and some for 20, so i don't know how mush time to allocate to each section. In the Trial it was pretty bad cos our class had never done 3hrs staight italian, as we'd normally just do each section on a different day. As well as that, we didn't even have a clock in the room with us. So if anyone could suggest some sort of time frame that would be great.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
listening shoudl go for a max of 30mins, so you will have yout 10 mins reading time, then 30 mins of listening. then the rest of the time is yours. they give suggested time guidelines, but i don't find i can stick to them (that is, i have to spend less time or i will run out of time, i don't know why). be weary that it says 1h20mins for section b, which consists of 2 comprehensions AND 1 writing task (not just 2 comprehensions)
and then they suggest 1hr for both the writing tasks at the end. (30mins each)
i do about 30mins for each comprehension, and 20mins for each writing task, generally.

Kakie

umm listening can actually be anywhere fra 20 and 45 mins...depending on the umm whatchamacallits...TEXTS!!
but usually they would specify it on the front
dont worry about it... and youre allowe dto ask for a clock also

span23

Well this time i'm definately bringing my own watch!

Its so unfair i have biology and italian in the same day, two 3hr exams and i miss the Melbourne cup!

arls

Originally posted by span23
Well this time i'm definately bringing my own watch!

Its so unfair i have biology and italian in the same day, two 3hr exams and i miss the Melbourne cup!
ditto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)