How much to study for IPT (1 Viewer)

asymptote

hi i just started yr 12...i want to get in top 10% in IPAT plz tell me how shud i prepare??
Thanks
Cricket mad

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
agreed.

IPT is not a 'study' subject
it's more of a 'do' subject, so I would recommend spending all IPT lessons surfing the internet, looking up internet related stuff, examining communication techniques such as email, and glancing at the syllabus once a fortnight.

Winston

HSC
same goes to the Info tech support..
bah any subject thats to do with comps and begins with the letter I, and stands for information is a BS course thats all common sense u gain from using the computer alot
but many ppl are so limited and generally close themselves to just downloading mp3's and chatting, and thats about it...
and know nothing else..

user

HSC
hey you can learn a lot from downloading mp3s
for example
communications: which kind of transmission medium will enable you to download mp3s faster
multimedia: practical applications of different file types
social and ethical issues of mp3

social and ethcal issues in taking ipt

it gives creates jobs to ipt teachers
gives the power relationship to ipt teachers which otherwise they will never be able to have!

but it gives less meaningful job to ipt teachers.

there are also ethical issues eg students are learning wrong things and are having unequal access to the internet (ipt class has an adv of using the internet more)...etc etc

IPT brings entertainment to students - laughing at teahers for not knowing nething

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by iptteacherssuck
social and ethcal issues in taking ipt

it gives creates jobs to ipt teachers
gives the power relationship to ipt teachers which otherwise they will never be able to have!

but it gives less meaningful job to ipt teachers.

there are also ethical issues eg students are learning wrong things and are having unequal access to the internet (ipt class has an adv of using the internet more)...etc etc

IPT brings entertainment to students - laughing at teahers for not knowing nething
you summed it perfectly :)

user

HSC
here we are with the freedom of bagging out IPT, and there are these poor souls out there who still have a whole year of the subject to go through.

SUCKED IN!!!

drop now before it's too late

never again shall we have to examine the socaial and ethical issues in an unrealistic scenario

never again shall we have to do all those other crappy IPT things that i've forgotten already

is this....bliss?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I agree with you all, u can't study for IPT. I came to that conclusion after this year's HSC exam, studied my hole off and I will be lucky to get over 60% raw mark. It's all about scenarios, social and ethical issues(which you can learn)

mp3mojo

4 ipt, i dun think u can study much, except for memorisin definitions (then insert it into ur answer) esp for long answers (lik 5-6 mark questions).

Understanding & applying is much more important than studying.
esp if ur asked to design a system.

asymptote

Originally posted by mp3mojo
4 ipt, i dun think u can study much, except for memorisin definitions (then insert it into ur answer) esp for long answers (lik 5-6 mark questions).

Understanding & applying is much more important than studying.
esp if ur asked to design a system.

did u do ipt?? wat did u get in ur hsc?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
im so damn lucky + happy i changed ipt to sdd for my year 11 electives this year

if i read this post after i confirmed my electives i'd cry ~ lolz

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
im so damn lucky + happy i changed ipt to sdd for my year 11 electives this year

if i read this post after i confirmed my electives i'd cry ~ lolz

lol, you should've picked both! ;)

mp3mojo

yeah SDD is betta with scalin + also ALOT more interestin
but also alot harder (taks alot more time 2 study).

i wanted 2 do SDD too, but my skool didnt offer it

in a way im glad they didnt

del

HSC
N/A
depends.... u can study SDD in less time then studying IPT properly in depth.

Still I reckon both complement each other really well, in that if you do good in one, you do good in the other. Plus some aspects of theory somewhat relate to each other.

mp3mojo

yeah the theory should B quite similar, but i heard the projects (or assessments) are a hand full.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)