• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much trust do you have? (1 Viewer)

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
Today, my girlfriend approaches me and informs that she was hit on by 7 or 8 guys at some party she was at (she's very attractive). I was impressed. I have both good game and good taste. Now I began to pondering this later and I found I had no problem with other men looking at my girl. I also realised I wasn't the less bit worry about her cheating on me. I think it's because

A) If it was a real problem she wouldn't mention it.

B) We discussed the parameters of our relationship when started dating. Both she and I know where we stand.

Now this thread has 3 parts:

One: Am I fucking stupid for taking this approach? If so why? or conversely I'm a genius? If so why?

Two: How much trust do you have within your relationship? Is it something you discuss? Is it something that even needs to be said? etc.

To make shit clearer : THIS IS AN ETHICAL QUESTION.

Three: Should you enjoy the fact you are much better then lots of people for having a hot partner? Something that everyone else in the room desires? Is it okay? Is it wrong?

Feel free to answer any or all questions I want some thought out feedback.

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Um yeah admittedly I only read up to "(she's very attractive)" but now that secret's brought my attention to it...
Oddy Nocki said:
Three: Should you enjoy the fact you are much better then lots of people for having a hot Partner?
Much better how?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dude. I feel you. Trust your partner. If it blows up in your face and she does cheat one day, screw it and move on.

I think trust is absolutely awesome, there's none of this weirdness. Good work with how you feel that you're impressed. I'm impressed that you are too and not some possessive angry boyfriend. :) You should be proud to be with a good looking, trustworthy girl like her.

*hopeful*

HSC
either shes playing u and thinks by telling u, it wont make u suspicious
or maybe deep down u dont really care about the relationship that much therefore ur not that concerned
or u guys have heaps of trust and its all good :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Oddy Nocki said:
Today, my girlfriend approaches me and informs that she was hit on by 7 or 8 guys at some party she was at (she's very attractive). I was impressed. I have both good game and good taste. Now I began to pondering this later and I found I had no problem with other men looking at my girl. I also realised I wasn't the less bit worry about her cheating on me. I think it's because

B) We discussed the parameters of our relationship when started dating. Both she and I know where we stand.

One: Am I fucking stupid for taking this approach? If so why? or conversely I'm a genius? If so why?

Two: How much trust do you have within your relationship? Is it something you discuss? Is it something that even needs to be said? etc.

Three: Should you enjoy the fact you are much better then lots of people for having a hot partner? Something that everyone else in the room desires? Is it okay? Is it wrong?

You're not stupid for doing this. But sometimes it's ok to show a bit of jealousy because the reason why she's telling you this might be that she wants to see if you care or not. Having a hot partner doesn't mean that you're much better though....

dodgyfilokid

HSC
1. I dont reckon your stupid..you and your girlfriend are geniueses coz both of you know your limits and since you've already talked about this stuff before then you kinda 'future-protected' yourself...2.) i aint in a relationship but i hav serious trust issues with people..im too scared to let any of my mates talk to a gal that i might be eyein on coz i got burned nastily before when i trusted people...they dished out some shit dat werent even true so yeh..and 3.) its a matter of opinion..personally i wouldnt mind so long as no one gets fucked in the process

Lahmeh

HSC
Anyone posting in this forum is most likely lacking in trust because they evidently have to discuss these matters with people who cant really backbite em'. If they had any trust in the people around em they'd be talking it up with their Bros and bitches...this thread consolidates my belief that a vast majority of people on this forum don't have any real friends and probably sit on the outer circle of any group of friends and this will reflect their position on the outer realm of civilization.

Have a nice,trusting day kids.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
Lahmeh said:
Anyone posting in this forum is most likely lacking in trust because they evidently have to discuss these matters with people who cant really backbite em'. If they had any trust in the people around em they'd be talking it up with their Bros and bitches...this thread consolidates my belief that a vast majority of people on this forum don't have any real friends and probably sit on the outer circle of any group of friends and this will reflect their position on the outer realm of civilization.

This statement would haver some validity except for the fact I post this not becasue I have a lack friends but because I seek a larger view within my own demographic. Here I can get a responce from people that come entirely different circumstances.

My friends. They will always reflected my own views that why they are my friends. I'm not going to keep company that is radically different from my own views and attitudes. There is not a person on the planet that forms a friendship based on how far apart a personailty they have. They would lack common ground and it would the bond would die. Quickly.

I think you're missing the difference between a desire for reflection and some sort of cry for help, inherrent within some sort of made-up subtext. If I had a problem I would say so, why would I beat around the bush in an anonymous enviroment? What would be the point? I don't gain the help I seek.

In fact the only reeason I posted the first but would to give a real world example of questions I was asking. To make clearer if you will. The fact it actually make thing more confusing. Only goes to serve that people on this board can't fucking read.

katy-g

HSC
AHEM :) Here's my 2 cents worth.

ONE: >> I think, from a female's perspective, that you have that much trust in her and in your relationship. And she obviously indulges in your trust if she is comfortable enough to come up and tell you that 8 guys have hit on her. I would NEVER tell my boyfriend that knowing how he'd be most likely to react.

Two: >> I am a very very very jealous individual. There is nothing that can be done about it. I think its just spawn from my own insecurities but still. I used to talk about all of my jealous issues with my man but soon learnt to keep my mouth shut because a jealous partner is bad bad news.

In saying that though i do think it is important to discuss boundaries and the like, if you didnt, you could find she may start to abuse your trust and play you like a fool.

:burn:​

Three: >> I think its fine to rejoice in the fact that you have a hot partner. I know my ex was fucking hot has and i loved the fact that he called me his own.. but i think part of the reason i was always like "zomg you're gonna cheat on me" was a result from him being so god damn hot. I hated the fact that more people would hit on him then me... so yea. LOL.

But yea, i think u have a good game going on dude.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Oddy Nocki said:

its not right or wrong to enjoy the fact that your girlfriend is hot and every1 wants her, and you should be o so happy coz you have her... theres no ethic is that...
when it comes down to it all, the way i think.. is whether or not shes a nice/good girl....
think about it.. when youre older and if you end up with her (hypothetically... and u can probably witness this with older relo's parents etc)
theyre not going to be saying ... "oh bla bla's girlfriend is SOO HOT/UGLY"
theyre going to be saying " ohh isnt bla bla's girlfriend such a sweetheart, she treats him right/shes soo bossy towards bla bla"

you get me?
looks really mean shit all...

whether or not its just a material thing that you enjoy people looking at your girlfriend, i think thats in your own nature. you might find alot of people see it differently.

although your right, if it was a problem with the guys hitting on her, then she wouldnt mention it.....
if i mentioned that to my boyfriend i dont think he'd get a bit weird with it... but then it might all go down to trust yeh?
but we truely trust eachother... he tells me if girls try hit on him, and visa versa... its all about trust + communication..
if she thought it was a threat, then you're right she wouldnt have told you,or shrugged it off....

or if you wanna get all into the nitty gritty about it, she could be telling yo.. hey look at me and if i really wanna pick sum1 up its easy coz i had all these guys approach me, so treat me right mother fucker!
subliminal messages playing in her mind. and believe me they happen

my thoughts, for you to think about lol

Darkening

HSC
Trust your partner and it will all be ok :) no need for the evil backstabbing

テリー

HSC
Oddy Nocki said:

One: No, you didnt do anything wrong and no u shudnt doubt yourself, if i were u, i'd b proud of myself nd for her.

Two: U'r thinking too much in my opinion, take it easy, mayb shes jst trying to c what kind of reaction u wud hav after u heard her story, U shud trust her, if u dun, jst try her (but dun let her kno, it might hurt her)

Three: Thats not something u wud want.. mayb ur gf wud (or one day) think that ur best buddy is more interesting or hotter (or what hav u) than u, id try nd get my friends around to meet some other attractive girls.. mayb ur gf's friends so they dun always hav an eye on her

That shud get u thinking quite a bit ^v^

kimmi06

HSC
Lahmeh said:

ahem. you're awesome. im sarcastic.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Lahmeh said:

Rofl, a 06er telling people ON a forum, that they're insecure...haha

I hope the world deals you a cruel cruel hand and "would you like fries with that" is the epitome of your vocabulary for the next 20 years! OGM AWESOME!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)