How much u wrote and wat mark u expect ? (1 Viewer)

Talnoy

HSC
Atticus Ryan said:
I have not changed my argument. Let's all think way back to page 9 where I gave my argument exactly, just so people like you wouldn't get confused.

It is not necessary to write ridiculously large amounts in an exam to get a good mark. In fact, it will be detrimental to your mark as it is impossible to sustain a coherent and high-level argument if you are writing constantly without time to think.

It is not necessary to write ridiculously large amounts in an exam to get a good mark. In fact, it will be detrimental to your mark as it is impossible to sustain a coherent and high-level argument if you are writing constantly without time to think.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I seem to be the only person in this thread actually arguing something. Also I seem to be the only one with decent Sentence Construction Skills. They're much better than the guy who came first in English - perhaps he attended your Dubbo school. Learn to conjugate verbs and use punctuation you assholes. And it's Down's Syndrome, not Down Syndrome. Dick.
man im sure you couldve written that a lot more succinctly instead of waffling on with the same thing over and over.

gmip

HSC
Hey there, another Baulkham Hills guy here having a laugh. For the record, I wrote 5, 4, 5, 11 words a line, got 95 in the SC yadda yadda. I'm also fairly terrible at 2 unit English, despite doing 4 unit, and I didn't do brilliantly in this paper. I also don't intend on going to uni, so marks don't bother me. I hope I've proved I'm not flexing my e-penis (much), I'm writing a post that conforms to the expectations of this thread.

Some of you are making the mistake of confusing what a sensible marking guideline would be with what we actually have. Hell, if it made sense we wouldn't even be writing essays. School is supposed to prepare us for real life, and essays are things that are almost exclusively used in the education system.

What most people are doing here though is just arguing about things that don't matter, bitching, whining, and basically being arrogant jerks. Just because some of you are right it doesn't make you any less of a jerk.

Most of you are being hypocritical as well, and the irony in pointing out the hypocrisies of other posters has caused me no small level of amusement. Now, I could very well point these out to you but I really, if you can't look things up for yourself there's no point in me even talking to you, you obviously think that you're right in everything you're saying and not open to budge at all. However, I encourage all of you who care enough to post in this thread more than once to actually do this. For instance, instead of just saying that something is what the markers expect, why don't you quote the syllabus and end the argument? You can do the same whenever someone says something that is not backed up by evidence. This is what an argument is. It is not arguing over trivialties and facts.

The 2 unit english syllabus does not expect you to really do much. I have seen very highly marked essays that do not follow the conventions of the english language. They also make concessions for spelling and grammar: it is a situation where you are under a lot of stress and a time limit. Informal conversations also do not follow the conventions of english. Feel free to ignore capitalisation and u kn also youse xtra or lss lttrs. It's all good as long as people understand what you are saying. It's all well and good to perfectly structure your replies, use correct punctuation and grammar, and run everything through a spell checker, but unfortunately a spell-checker doesn't inform you when you are spouting shit or when you are not stating your intentions clearly.

Guess what guys? A top english student can actually get by without knowing what a verb is, how to conjugate one, or where to place a comma! When was the last time you were tested on that? Year 3 maybe? Writing a good essay on poetry does not qualify you to be a poet.

There's something much more important than your UAI or your English skills. Do you know it is? It is the ability to not be a complete fucking wanker, to not see everybody as inferior to you, not to take everything so fucking seriously, and how to admit when you are wrong.

I have not run this through a spell checker, I've probably used some words and terms incorrectly, and I've probably said a few contradictory things since I'm listening to music and haven't read back through my post. And I'm swearing a lot, but I assure you, I do it in speech in a most casual manner, and I'm not angry or very passionate on the subject.

Bite me New South Wales.

Edit: Oh, and for your information, the Baulkham Hills forum we've all come from is http://forum.themace.net/. Feel free to come in and speak your mind, I could do with a laugh.

And I appreciate you people who are simply making such hilarious jokes and not being serious at all. You're aaaaaallll right.

Last edited:

leishypoo

HSC
thanks for some sanity, gmip.

ironic, but i won't bother getting into that.

however it is pretty true.

we should be studying rather than arguing about what you guys are obviously set in believing. this is simply a thread for the airing of opinions, not the heated squabbling and flaming.

amusement? i have derived plenty from this thread. however, more amusement was found on the cheating one, admittedly.

what matters is that we seem to all be able to (somewhat) articulate our ideas, whether they are in agreement or not, and it seems that we have some form of evidence to back it up. it's a good skill to acquire and have, so use it on the bloody HSC.

good morning.

gmip

HSC
leishypoo said:
thanks for some sanity, gmip.

ironic, but i won't bother getting into that.
oh of course it is. that's probably the closest i've ever come to constructing a valid post.

it's no fun if you don't do something someone else can make fun of you for.

crazedmo2003

HSC
Okay that's it gmip, you totally revealed the location of our secret lair.

You're so being sentenced to treason.....

But I digress.

It is my belief that grammar, spelling and punctuation all are necessary in an essay, usually to make it appear more sophisticated. External reference and pretentious words also help this.

Basically, until you get the A range responces (eg. 13,14), it doesn't matter about the grammar and such, but to make the 13/14 distinction or 14/15 distinction, they will have to resort to petty things like grammar.

Wombatshuffle

HSC
typed 12pnt
section one- 1 page
section two- 1.5 pages
section three- 1.75 pages
not alot but meh, what can you do

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
this thread seems to be the hot place to have an argument

crazedmo2003

HSC
(Shit! Was that aimed towards me?...oh man, I just don't know...better say something or else everybody will think I'm stupid!)

Yeah well YOU!! Young Lady....Passion....if that IS your real name....YOU are quite DAFT.

You stupid-face, your face is stupid.

(Phew, close shave there, could have looked pre-tty stupid)

gmip

HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
It is my belief that grammar, spelling and punctuation all are necessary in an essay, usually to make it appear more sophisticated. External reference and pretentious words also help this.

Basically, until you get the A range responces (eg. 13,14), it doesn't matter about the grammar and such, but to make the 13/14 distinction or 14/15 distinction, they will have to resort to petty things like grammar.
Mmm, i was referring to band 5ish responses.

And as if having these punks at our forum wouldn't be freaking awesome! We're mods there!

passion89

HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
(Shit! Was that aimed towards me?...oh man, I just don't know...better say something or else everybody will think I'm stupid!)

Yeah well YOU!! Young Lady....Passion....if that IS your real name....YOU are quite DAFT.

You stupid-face, your face is stupid.

(Phew, close shave there, could have looked pre-tty stupid)
Lol no that was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the fact that idiot atticus over there decided to call everyone in this thread stupid and himself an english god.

And well YOU!! Young man...Crazedmo2003...if that IS your real name...be careful or someone could call you CrazedEMO :eek:

crazedmo2003

HSC
passion89 said:
Lol no that was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the fact that idiot atticus over there decided to call everyone in this thread stupid and himself an english god.

And well YOU!! Young man...Crazedmo2003...if that IS your real name...be careful or someone could call you CrazedEMO :eek:

He better be the english god, after yesterday's posts I stripped myself naked, ran to the town square and whipped myself with sheep skin, shouting "OH ATTICUS!! WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!" before sacrificing one hundred virgin lambs. If after all that he turned out not to be a god....

..well, let's say I would have looked quite the fool.

Also, emo? Ouch girl, you're totally on my enemy list. You and that Caitlin person.

(I <3 this forum)

passion89

HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
He better be the english god, after yesterday's posts I stripped myself naked, ran to the town square and whipped myself with sheep skin, shouting "OH ATTICUS!! WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!" before sacrificing one hundred virgin lambs. If after all that he turned out not to be a god....

..well, let's say I would have looked quite the fool.

Also, emo? Ouch girl, you're totally on my enemy list. You and that Caitlin person.

(I <3 this forum)
Did you have to include imagery of yourself naked? Rip out my eyes. Rip them out, now.

Ooooh bring it on biatch :D

gmip

HSC
passion89 said:
BURN

agent_pollifax

Awesome
HSC
Yeah anyway...

That paper was pretty shit.

I did the first part no problems. I went a little over time, but it was cool.

Read the second question. Went "WTF" and jumped to section 3.

Having written until there was only half an hour left, and only having done one text, being the Road not taken, I decided "Fuck section 2, I'll just finish this"

I ended up writing 9 pages and just missed finishing when I ran out of time.

I expect around 13 for dection 3 hopefully around the same for Section 1. So

26/45 = yay over 50%

Drunkspleen

HSC
Exphate said:
Big font (as guidelines stated) um...and about 1200 words (I do about 35wpm) So yeah :D
I asked my supervisor and she said I just needed a minimum of size 12 font so I had mine in that /shrug, either way I had roughly the same word count as you for the essay I figure.

I ended up with about

Section I: 1.5 typed - 12+
Section II: 2 typed - unsure here, got enough down but I lost track of time during section III and kinda rushed it (did III before this)
Section III: 2.25 typed - 13+

Fetus Baby

HSC
passion89 said:
yeah, if they're DYSLEXIC

P.S. I love Garden State, good times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)