How much will a few ranks affect my hsc mark? (1 Viewer)

trecex1

HSC
So I'm pretty disappointed after half yearlys for ext 1 maths particularly (haven't got paper back) since I made careless mistakes on some fairly easy questions. The test was 25%, and best case I'm still ranked about top 5. So if I work really hard now and top my school in external how much will a few ranks in internals matter? Especially since I heard to state rank ext 1 maths you have to come 1st in internals since the top ranked guy takes the best external mark from the school (I don't really understand how this moderating works).
My school is ranked 40-50.

si2136

HSC
N/A
So I'm pretty disappointed after half yearlys for ext 1 maths particularly (haven't got paper back) since I made careless mistakes on some fairly easy questions. The test was 25%, and best case I'm still ranked about top 5. So if I work really hard now and top my school in external how much will a few ranks in internals matter? Especially since I heard to state rank ext 1 maths you have to come 1st in internals since the top ranked guy takes the best external mark from the school (I don't really understand how this moderating works).
My school is ranked 40-50.
Not much, but it all depends on how strong your cohort is, which kinds of directly correlate with your school rank, but it's top 50, so it should be fine.

baktiar77

HSC
Well it depends on your cohort and assuming everyone is your cohort or at least the top 5~top 10 are all close in marks and doing well, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't fret over Maths Ext.1 state rank, I know 2 kids who got 100 last year in HSC and were ranked first internally but never got state rank as I believe they determine it on working out or something and I'm sure at least 30 or so kids in state get at least full marks in 3U HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)