How Much Would It Cost To Get An Air Conditioner Installed (1 Viewer)

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
I Just Bought A 94 Model Lancer Coupe, How Much Do You Reckon It Would Cost To Get Air Conditioning In It As I Am Going To Be Travelling Alot And Cant Stand The Heat.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
You could go to a Mitsubish dealer. You need the compressor, condensator, etc. A compressor can be quite expensive (something like $800 for a '96 Volvo 850). SO I reckon the whole service (of getting you the parts and installing them) would run you upwards of $1k.

I reckon your best bet would be to pop off to a Mitsubishi wreckers and pull the parts yourself. If all is in good nick, all it might need is a proper regas (R134), and all the parts shouldn't amount to more than $200 (est.). Perhaps a Pick and Pull, or one of the Dismantler joints. You'll also see where everything goes when you take it off - so you'll know how to put it back on.

EDIT: Well modelzsuck, though I don't know you (at all), my experience is that wrenching and females don't really mix. So I guess you would disregard the second option. The first would inevtiably be quite dear, however.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
dont 94 lancers have air con :|

would be cheaper to install a sun roof lol

and just open both windows and let the air blow in lol

you could do a dodgey DIY air con job but it would be difficult air con is a hard thing to mess with I know from experience form taking apart my dash its a real bitch in certian cars....

but as said it would deffiantly cost like $1000 for parts at a honda dealer and more for labour...

their are air con places around for cars aswell that might do it for cheaper but its still going to cost like 800 +

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)