How much would you be willing to pay for a nice place to study? (1 Viewer)

joysjoys

HSC
Recently I've been really annoyed by how difficult it is to find somewhere quiet to study outside (home is getting renovated), I find cafe's really loud & lacking desk space/ charging outlets, and university libraries are just too far for me for the daily travel hassle. I'm actually really curious about the general opinion on this, and I found that south korea and china had booked special study cafes, how much would you be willing to pay/hr for these?

satvik_1008

HSC
Recently I've been really annoyed by how difficult it is to find somewhere quiet to study outside (home is getting renovated), I find cafe's really loud & lacking desk space/ charging outlets, and university libraries are just too far for me for the daily travel hassle. I'm actually really curious about the general opinion on this, and I found that south korea and china had booked special study cafes, how much would you be willing to pay/hr for these?
Yeah where abouts do you live? There are many excellent public libraries in the north shore, inner west and ryde area. Also State Library is pretty good too (its convenient as well, right next to a train station), and WSU parra south campus is also rlly good, literally right next to parra station

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah where abouts do you live? There are many excellent public libraries in the north shore, inner west and ryde area. Also State Library is pretty good too (its convenient as well, right next to a train station), and WSU parra south campus is also rlly good, literally right next to parra station
That's the Parramatta City campus you are referring to, not Parramatta South. I definitely agree that it is a suitable place/alternative for school students to study. In fact, I often come across a number of students when I have to attend classes there, notably those from Baulkham Hills High School. :D

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think most people would want to pay for a study space as stated by the other people above there are a lot of free places you can go to for studying such as local libraries. Have you tried maybe to put on some headphones. There are a lot of noise cancelling headphones these days that you can put on some music and that feature and you probably won't hear the people around you.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I used to study in local libraries with my study group. That resulted in really good quality study.

And why pay for a place to self-study. This ain't China or Korea. Group study at your friend's house alternatively. And then go to cafe to chill.
idk abt you but whenever I went to my friends house for "group study" we ended up just hanging out and getting no work done

but yeah I wouldn't pay money for a study cafe when there are free alternatives

VinneyX

HSC
N/A
idk abt you but whenever I went to my friends house for "group study" we ended up just hanging out and getting no work done

but yeah I wouldn't pay money for a study cafe when there are free alternatives
We mainly studied in libraries because it was a serious environment. And as to friends' houses, we kept our room door open, so that our parents could watch us. Otherwise, at the beginning we wasted a lot of time making jokes and giggling and ended up playing board games. One of my friend's literally used to sleep while our group study. That's why later we let our parents to supervise us, so that we could be under a little pressure.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Sure, the place is important but your study habit is way more important than the place you are studying. Personally, I would listen to the lecture, and every time new information comes up I will listen to it and pause the video for a couple of minutes and really contemplate it in my mind. I could be eating, peeing, playing on my phone for the minutes but I'm really just repeating the logic that I've used to understand that content as much as possible, and I will take 10 minutes the next day to revise the contents that I have learnt yesterday. If you can do this, a quiet and comfortable place is enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)