how often do you go to the gym? (1 Viewer)

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
yeah im a shore boy

and if youre trying to bulk, dont forget to work out the abs and back

BinMac

Banned
HSC
I go about 5 days a week for about 2.5 hrs. But I cant go on weekends cuz I use the weight room at my school.:mad1: but I work out different sections evryday. At my house I just do crunches, push-ups and run. So its all cool.:)

wagga

HSC
Usually do weights 3 times a week at the gym, and run/hill sprint 3, and rest on one day or go to the beach

danchurchill

HSC
during the holidays i was going 5 times a week.
now that TAFE has started im going 3 times a week for about an hour each time.
i really hope the people who say they go 6-7 times a week dont just do weights and do cardio and alternate coz u need 2 giv ur body breaks remember. lol.

NinjaSauce

HSC
danchurchill said:
i really hope the people who say they go 6-7 times a week dont just do weights and do cardio.
Anything over 5 reps is cardio. :-D

danchurchill said:
and alternate coz u need 2 giv ur body breaks remember. lol.
Alternate? You mean change exercises? it kinda works. But if you keep change exercises, you'll never put up anything decent in any of them. You must practice 1 over and over.

oh, but 'rest' is important. I cycle and periodize my training.

Peti

~*~ Dark Angel ~*~
HSC
i go 2 twice a week and do 3 cycles of 15 reps of each excersise. our gym is really small though and it's hard for me to get oout and go more than 2 a week because i go to a boarding school that is out of town. i run 3km 3 times a week though so i stay fit and give my body a break in between gym sessions. i works for me (i only started sept last yr)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
4-5times/wk

30min - 1hr

30min sessions are usually running 5-7km
the 1hr sessions are weights

run twice/wk on average
weights 2-3times/wk

usually gets ruined during exams and holidays

i motivate myself to run more for the city to surf in august... after august i give up again =D

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Well currently I'm taking a week off to recover (I do so every 7-8 weeks generally). But a typical week consists of a 4 day resistance training split (first thing in the morning) alongside 4-5 HIIT cardio sessions (late afternoon).

--

Jay Bonaretti
2005 Aus IronMan BodyBlitz Champ & Personal Trainer
AminoZ.com.au

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Predd said:
Well currently I'm taking a week off to recover (I do so every 7-8 weeks generally). But a typical week consists of a 4 day resistance training split (first thing in the morning) alongside 4-5 HIIT cardio sessions (late afternoon).

--

Jay Bonaretti
AminoZ.com.au
english please..

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I go 4 days and run a split of Chest/Triceps Tuesday, Back/Biceps Friday, Shoulders/Abs Saturday and Legs Sunday. This shifts around though, because I sometimes have to miss the gym for other activites. For example today was chest/triceps.

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Eagles said:
english please..
Okay minus the jargon (sorry)...

4 day weights split. Changing it up this week so I haven't yet established it...but essentially means I split the week up into 4 training sessions. Train each body part only once per week. eg. Day 1 could be legs, day 2 chest and tris and so on.

4-6 HIIT cardio's - HIIT is high intensity interval training. We are talking interval training lasting for a period of 13-17 minutes. So that's a sprint, rest, sprint, rest, sprint etc. Intervals lasting anywhere between 30-60 seconds. High intensity meaning push until you feel like you're about to die...so about 96% max heart rate, I struggle to get any higher than that at my current level of fitness.

--

Jay Bonaretti
AminoZ.com.au

Legham

HSC
Every weekday and whatever days i have free time on the weekend.. i.e, if im not at work or im not hungover :p
An hour of cardio each time and a little bit of chest and back whenever.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Never.

I do morning jogs (5.30am) for an hour on most days, do a couple of situps and pushups and thats it. The running is actually more for the mind though, I've grown to like starting my days like that. The one con is that I have to sleep earlier, I used to sleep at like 2am, now not so much.

Oh, I also go swimming every fortnight (kinda).

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
about 4 times a week (i can't fit in any other visits).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)