How often should I be writing my study notes? (1 Viewer)

Phantexceed

HSC
Hello, im currently in my preliminary year, its the school holidays and I havent started writing study notes for yearlies. At my school the examination period starts early next term, havent had any half yearly exams yet.
Honestly, during my junior years I hardly wrote notes and luckily managed to do fine. Entered senior year without knowing what was to come. ;_

How often do you write/ add to your study notes during Prelims & HSC ? Any recommendations- did you add to it weekly/ after each topic?

Thanks.

Jeff_

HSC
For me, I am using someone else's notes as a base and modify it with other resources (eg. textbooks) and what I think is worth adding to the notes. Of course, others would recommend writing your own notes (in your own words)... I just find that it's probably a lot more time consuming and the time could probably be used in past papers or elsewhere. (Oh, and my notes are digital, but sometimes handwriting them again in my notebook if the concept needs reinforcing).

If you plan on writing/typing your own notes, I'd probably suggest adding them once a week (if you often write class notes then you could probably go even less frequent, since all you need to do is rewrite them separately, blending with textbook info). Therefore, it all depends on how you plan your study time, and whether you value studying notes, practicing past papers, or both equally.

The good news is that you are conscious about study notes at the beginning of Year 11... so you're not like me who just randomly downloaded some average notes a few days before the Year 11 yearlies haha! ;)

Phantexceed

HSC
How many different textbooks do you use per subject? Do you read through various textbooks then add to your notes? Also what do you think of excel books?

Phantexceed

HSC
I thought nearly everyone is writing up study notes very early and I just seem to be falling behind. I guess it depends on whether or not an individual understands the content properly... Might be pretty difficult or just limited when one's sleep deprived.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think writing notes daily would be best as this reinforces what your learning at the moment. Also writing your notes before the content is covered in class is helpful as this gives you a headstart into understanding the theory

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
writing notes daily is pree much impossible..try to make notes here and there and make sure they are ready before your first assesments
for me my first assessments for physics and bio was a prac so no notes were required so I just concentrated on other exams and completely stopped writing notes for a month..now I am back again writing notes for half yearly which is in 5 weeks. I aim to complete notes by this holidays so for the rest of the 3 weeks I can spam past papers and memorise my notes. Then after that I will completely stop as maths half yearly and english assessments will be approaching and concentrate on that. You just have to organise yourself and see what your priorities are..

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
writing notes daily is pree much impossible..try to make notes here and there and make sure they are ready before your first assesments
for me my first assessments for physics and bio was a prac so no notes were required so I just concentrated on other exams and completely stopped writing notes for a month..now I am back again writing notes for half yearly which is in 5 weeks. I aim to complete notes by this holidays so for the rest of the 3 weeks I can spam past papers and memorise my notes. Then after that I will completely stop as maths half yearly and english assessments will be approaching and concentrate on that. You just have to organise yourself and see what your priorities are..
Try using acronyms for your notes rather than memorise whole chunks of info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)