How should I approach Term 3 Year 11? (1 Viewer)

ncoul

HSC
Hey guys, just inquiring, from your past experience, how do you feel I should approach work and exams during term 3 of year 11? Year 12 is going to be extremely stressful, so should I treat this last term of prelim. as a period of relaxation or rigor? Should I cement a routine to carry through with, or should I take it easy?

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Hey guys, just inquiring, from your past experience, how do you feel I should approach work and exams during term 3 of year 11. Year 12 is going to be extremely stressful, so should I treat this last term of prelim. as a period of relaxation or rigor? Should I cement a routine to carry through with, or should I take it easy?

Thanks,
Nick
Given your aims I think you should probably go with this - just dont stress yourself out too much because obviously year 11 doesnt count. But you should definitely be getting into a routine with study because this will really help you in year 12 when things do count.

Eg155

HSC
Hey guys, just inquiring, from your past experience, how do you feel I should approach work and exams during term 3 of year 11. Year 12 is going to be extremely stressful, so should I treat this last term of prelim. as a period of relaxation or rigor? Should I cement a routine to carry through with, or should I take it easy?

Thanks,
Nick
I'm thinking pick a study plan, don't stress about results. Save the stress for October :L ...

keppryyy

HSC
Bludge, don't do any work, play league of legends, fap and get smashed, that's how you prepare.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Given your aims I think you should probably go with this - just dont stress yourself out too much because obviously year 11 doesnt count. But you should definitely be getting into a routine with study because this will really help you in year 12 when things do count.
+1. Nailing Year 11 gave me a priceless psychological momentum boost into Year 12. It really helps.

Thief

!!
HSC
Bludge, don't do any work, play league of legends, fap and get smashed, that's how you prepare.
sounds good man

How much do you guys reckon we should try and study a day?

ncoul

HSC
Ok, thanks guys, i've been quite conscientious so far and looking to maintain :)

mike12345678

HSC
i agree that you should definitely continue and create a study routine to make it like a habit because it just becomes so much easier to do. thats probably one the mistakes i made in year 11. up to year 11 i was always studying and doing well. then i heard about how a few of my friends how had done the HSC that had burnt out and failed completely. so i created a plan where i wouldnt study as much and for the prelim finals i would take it easy and start studying less than a week before exams. this was so that i went into year 12 'refreshed' and 're energized'. i went alright still got 80+ for all subjects but the negative of this was that i killed my study routine and when year 12 came i had to try and get into the groove of things and it made it a litter hard and a little more stressful.

moral of the story: keep studying even though its prelim. also practise study techniques and exam techniques because they dont count and you can stuff up as much as you have to. it will come in very handy in year 12

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)