how should i be studying for trials (1 Viewer)

_rakelt

HSC
u should of completed notes ages ago.. notes take up too much time. go straight to the past papers and get it marked/feedback from ur teacher

k3kendrick

HSC
N/A
Notes and short answer qs should be fine for now, depending on the subjects you do. For maths, notes really aren't necessary, and you should just do past papers. For humanities and english, notes and practice questions are the way to go. For sciences, make notes and consolidate your understanding of the content.

Honestly if you've finished your notes already at this point, you're either extremely productive or you haven't spent enough time on making notes.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
You really should be doing more if your aim is to get 80s or 90s. You really need to do lots of past papers because under time pressure is when you truly see if you understand what your doing or not.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
You really should be doing more if your aim is to get 80s or 90s. You really need to do lots of past papers because under time pressure is when you truly see if you understand what your doing or not.
How did you study for trials and what marks did you get?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How did you study for trials and what marks did you get?
All my marks were at the least above 85 and yeah I did past papers only. No notes no homework or anything else.

Also depends on the subjects. For memorization heavy subjects I literally would just grab a textbook or Matrix's notes and memorize them day by day.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
All my marks were at the least above 85 and yeah I did past papers only. No notes no homework or anything else.

Also depends on the subjects. For memorization heavy subjects I literally would just grab a textbook or Matrix's notes and memorize them day by day.
So you don't think making you own notes helps or it does but you did really well anyway without it?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
So you don't think making you own notes helps or it does but you did really well anyway without it?
Nope I never wrote notes for any subjects except English where you kind of have to. Notes I feel most people use so they can memorize easier and also understand the concepts with much ease. I noticed quite early that I had a good memory and I was able to grasp the concepts in my subjects pretty easily(except 4u Maths) because I enjoyed them, so I never saw it necessary to write notes.

It's up to you to find out if you learn better with or without notes.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Nope I never wrote notes for any subjects except English where you kind of have to. Notes I feel most people use so they can memorize easier and also understand the concepts with much ease. I noticed quite early that I had a good memory and I was able to grasp the concepts in my subjects pretty easily(except 4u Maths) because I enjoyed them, so I never saw it necessary to write notes.

It's up to you to find out if you learn better with or without notes.
I agree with that, up until now I haven't made notes but I have 7 weeks to trials and thought that I might as well make some to refresh my memory over like 4-5 weeks and spend 2 weeks on papers. It just depends if I would benefit more from 7 weeks of papers or 5 weeks of notes and 2 weeks of papers, and idk what would be better.

HSC
Getting there still making notes. :rolleyes: However, I also have assignments and hw. :(
OMG MY SCHOOL IS DOING THAT TOO. But yeh im still doing notes as well, and tbh ive been doing that nesa quiz for PDHPE, and doing notes just really helps a whole lot man. I just lack in english.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)