How should I revise maths 5 days before the exams (1 Viewer)

blackbunny

HSC
can you people tell me how, caz i need to revise preliminary + 2 terms of yr 12. Sounds immpossible

blackbunny

HSC
u make it sound so easy.... but i need a play of wat topics i should study

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Just fluke it.

Alternatively, just go through past papers, and do the questions you've done in class.

They can't ask you year 11 stuff this year (directly)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
won't your test be mainly on hsc? if so, revise that first, then do prelim later. and learn the formulas, then try some past papers.

e.g. quick revision day 1 - formulas and yr 12, 2 - yr 12. 3 - yr 11, 4 - papers

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
hey, i am in the same boat... my 2u maths exam is on wednesday and i need to get good marks in it to make sure i am going to keep 4u (need to show my ability, etc).
you guys still have to do the 2 unit exam? :eek:

do excericses and practice them under exam conditions ;)

Merforga

Like everyone said just look through the past exam papers and solutions to them. But your teacher should have given you an outline of what is in the test anyway so you can just study those

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
juz go over ur summaries ........i never did maths before n exam!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
this will be my last 2 unit exam...
lucky you, I finished mine in an hour, and it was a 2.5 hr exam :(, I did it again to check and still had an hour to wait.

Leng

The high point of being forced as a 4U student to do the 2U exam is the amount of self esteem boosting it can do, when you finish waaaaay early.

The low point is getting that exam back and finding you didn't do half as well as you anticipated, because it's "only 2U".

The even lower point is getting your 3/4U exams back and realizing maybe you are a retard after and should just drop.

Then the high point is looking at your 2U paper and telling yourself that you did well in one exam. The one that doesn't count towards your assessment marks. Doh.

But I digress. In 5 days, I'd just focus on doing the past papers, especially your school's half yearlys from last year if you get access to them. If you don't, do any past papers you can get a hold of, and the summary chapters in your textbooks. Anything you stumble over, go back to the exercise and pick out a few questions, then get back to the summary chapters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)