How should I study for Year 11 chemistry and physics in holidays? (1 Viewer)

asduiashdi

HSC
Hi, next year I'll be doing chemistry and physics so I wanted to do some study in the holidays to get ahead slightly. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to how to best approach this. I was just going to read the first module and make some notes. Thank you.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
yh probs thats the best thing to do in the holidays - followed by spamming questions during the term, although it won't hurt to do some qs whil you cover theory!!!

asduiashdi

HSC
yh probs thats the best thing to do in the holidays - followed by spamming questions during the term, although it won't hurt to do some qs whil you cover theory!!!
okay thank you, ill make sure to do questions throughout. where could i find practice questions for science topics? because in textbooks its like all theory.

shrekfeesh

HSC
for individual topics I usually go on youtube and search for videos with practice questions. the channel i personally go to is The Organic Chemistry Tutor, you can find pretty much all the content from prelim phys and chem there

asduiashdi

HSC
for individual topics I usually go on youtube and search for videos with practice questions. the channel i personally go to is The Organic Chemistry Tutor, you can find pretty much all the content from prelim phys and chem there
oh thats really smart, i didnt think of that. thank you, ill do that!

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Hi, next year I'll be doing chemistry and physics so I wanted to do some study in the holidays to get ahead slightly. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to how to best approach this. I was just going to read the first module and make some notes. Thank you.
I can't speak for physics, but that will be a great start for chem! Don't try and overwork yourself, enjoy these christmas holidays (the last chill ones you'll be having for a while). The jump from stage 4 to 5 isn't immediately massive, there is a lot of revision. I would definitely recommend (at some point in year 11) making some flashcards with the common polyatomic ions and their valencies, memorising them is pretty essential.

asduiashdi

HSC
I can't speak for physics, but that will be a great start for chem! Don't try and overwork yourself, enjoy these christmas holidays (the last chill ones you'll be having for a while). The jump from stage 4 to 5 isn't immediately massive, there is a lot of revision. I would definitely recommend (at some point in year 11) making some flashcards with the common polyatomic ions and their valencies, memorising them is pretty essential.
Hm, I think for physics its probably more about doing questions right? I will try my best to enjoy the holidays, thank you. Oh great, I'm really glad I made flashcards for polyatomic ions earlier this year. Thank you for your help!

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Hm, I think for physics its probably more about doing questions right? I will try my best to enjoy the holidays, thank you. Oh great, I'm really glad I made flashcards for polyatomic ions earlier this year. Thank you for your help!
you're already doing better than me bahah I only started memorising them thoroughly a couple months ago 🤣 Mod 1 for chem isn't very math heavy (from what I can recall), but once you get into the other modules grinding practice q's is super important!

asduiashdi

HSC
you're already doing better than me bahah I only started memorising them thoroughly a couple months ago 🤣 Mod 1 for chem isn't very math heavy (from what I can recall), but once you get into the other modules grinding practice q's is super important!
okay I'll make sure to do practice questions! it's good that chem isn't super math heavy otherwise I might die, since I'm doing ext1 maths and physics already.
Oh and also, pay attention to the solubility stuff in year 11 (mod 1 I believe), it's very relevant to mod 5 in year 12
oh okay will do! I remember that from Year 10. Thanks again for all your help and goodluck in your studies!

dsakvyilsa

HSC
okay I'll make sure to do practice questions! it's good that chem isn't super math heavy otherwise I might die, since I'm doing ext1 maths and physics already.

oh okay will do! I remember that from Year 10. Thanks again for all your help and goodluck in your studies!
Chem is actually pretty math heavy, the first module isn't though 😭 I think I might've made that confusing.

asduiashdi

HSC
Chem is actually pretty math heavy, the first module isn't though 😭 I think I might've made that confusing.
oh I just looked at the syllabus and you're right. Welp. I should be fine, the maths doesn't seem too difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)