How should I utilise my reading time (1 Viewer)

Everwinter

HSC
How should I use my reading time in maths and science exams? Should I start to do the multiple choice questions straight away or should I read through the paper? Can someone gives some tips for using the reading time, it would be very helpful, thanks.

Last edited:

mmmm.

HSC
I would say try to do multiple choice first, and if you don't know some of the answers, skip to the longer responses and look through the questions. When you are looking through the longer responses, i suggest that you circle the harder questions so you can leave them for last in order to maximise your marks for the 'easier' questions

shashysha

HSC
How should I use my reading time in maths and science exams? Should I start to do the multiple choice questions straight away or should I read through the paper? Can someone gives some tips for using the reading time, it would be very helpful, thanks.
For maths I usually try complete the multis then skim through the paper then make a mental note of what I can't see the method and solution within a few seconds. Then just complete the paper as normal, however if I attempt a question and can't get an answer, I immediately skip to the next one and come back at the end - just saves time imo

For sciences, since the multis are usually harder, I spend most reading time on the multis then skim the questions, especially the extended responses and making a mental note of what i need to cover

Vitrecan

HSC
For reading time I think if it's science, should be reading and trying to brainstorm things for like the short answer and extended response, once it's over, quickly write down everything you brainstorm and then do the exam as normal. For math I guess you could just do the multiple choice right away, use a calculator and then just indent the answer with your nail.

shashysha

HSC
For reading time I think if it's science, should be reading and trying to brainstorm things for like the short answer and extended response, once it's over, quickly write down everything you brainstorm and then do the exam as normal. For math I guess you could just do the multiple choice right away, use a calculator and then just indent the answer with your nail.
I don't think you're allowed to use a calculator during reading time - for my school I wasn't but I found out after my 3u trial when i did lol

Vitrecan

HSC
I don't think you're allowed to use a calculator during reading time - for my school I wasn't but I found out after my 3u trial when i did lol
Oh damn, I guess my school is a lot more lenient.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't use a calculator during reading time in the HSC.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Constantine

HSC
I always liked to read through the entire paper first and give my brain some time to absorb them. This way I can also identify any really difficult questions that requires extensive planning.

Often, I find I have a few minutes of reading time left all this. I will begin the MCs. I did this thing with my nails where I literally scratched the paper and made a mark on the answer.

Xanthi

HSC
The 'scratching' feels somewhat sketchy.

'mark your paper in any way'

So it's not allowed- don't do in hsc

Hscbuzman

HSC
HSC PAPERS ARE DESIGNED TO BE FINISHED IN 75% OF ALLOCATED TIME. SO EITHER WAY DOESNT MATTER

99.96ATAR

HSC
Thinking about what TAFE course you are going to take after you get a mystery mark

jojosiwa123

HSC
hsc buzman definitely gets a rush to his head every time he switches accounts to troll us

beetree1

HSC
Thinking about what TAFE course you are going to take after you get a mystery mark
I heard ultimo tafe didnt accept you and you had to go to padstow yikes that must suck you couldv'e pretended you went to uts :(((((((

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)