• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how stupid are these footballers? (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I think you're missing the point. He gave them rules, as football players they were expected to follow them, yet they didn't. However, you still think it was harsh. If they hadn't been punished, it will happen again and again.

nerd2die4

HSC
no ofcourse they should be punished but i think it was way too harsh. gasnier got kicked out of the origin team, he was embarassed by being on the fornt page of every newspaper and to top it off he got fined fifty thousand dollars by his club all because he made one phone call.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
50,000 was too much. But other than that, I see nothing wrong with what was handed down.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
I think you're missing the point. He gave them rules, as football players they were expected to follow them, yet they didn't. However, you still think it was harsh. If they hadn't been punished, it will happen again and again.
Is is justifiable to say that because they are football players partial responsibility shouldn't be placed upon Origin management?

While I don't necessarily disagree with the retribution handed to the players, I also don't believe it is just to simply blame the players. Also as the lady on the footy show said all people make mistakes (well something along those lines) and while they should be held accountable, these things happen. As representatives of the game the players should have known better but no point in dwelling on it.

Also Gasnier is a great player but an idiot...he better grab a few more tries for the dragons to make up for it :D.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Who else are we blaming other than players? I don't see how anyone else is/needs to be involved.

nerd2die4

HSC
i thought managment of the origin team were put under the microscope and i beleive one of them was sacked for failing to keep the boys out of trouble. now i think that is stupid these players are grown men and should be able to take care of themselves.

billbro

HSC
N/A
No one else needs to be involved but I just don't believe it is fair to lay all accountability merely on the players.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If it weren't for the players, there would be no message and there would be no uproar. So what, if the players weren't there, it would be all management's fault?

That's weak.

nerd2die4

HSC
not all their fault. the managers have to manage the team and they obviously didnt do that on that night.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
As you said, they're grown men. By now they should know their limits and when given rules, know when to stop.

nerd2die4

HSC
yes they should, but when they fail to do so its then mangers job to keep them in line.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
And they did keep them in line, by punishing the FOOTBALLERS for what the FOOTBALLERS did wrong.

Is this making sense yet?

nerd2die4

HSC
they should have stopped the players from even making that phone call. the manager on that night had to make sure the players were all in their room after the teams night out he didnt and minnicello, gasnier and mason continued their night and got themselves into trouble.

the players didnt follow the rules and the manager didnt do his job.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'll give you the fact he should have made sure they were back. But I don't think the management should be punished for the players stupid actions.

nerd2die4

HSC
and also it wasnt the managers who punished the players i think it was the NSW rugby league board.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Im not saying that the management should have been punished, im just stating that I think responsibility shouldn't solely lie with the players.

Last edited:

nerd2die4

HSC
Originally posted by billbro
Im not saying the management should have been punished im just stating that I think that responsibility shouldn't solely lie with the players.
well if the blame shoulnd't be solely on the players and not on managment then who esle should be held accountable?

billbro

HSC
N/A
Im saying the blame should be on both the players and the management.

nerd2die4

HSC
yep, and that is what has happened but the media has chosen to blow up the players mistakes and forget about the managers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)