How the HELL did i get a transfer?!?! (1 Viewer)

The_DJ

HSC
I got a UAI of 85.10 last year and missed out on a spot for arts/com (hecs and fee) at sydney uni, but this year i transferred into that course (which required a minimum UAI of 89.30, for a fee spot) I did OK during the year with marks (4p,3c,1d), but am in total shock.. considering my gpa was about 87ish.. meaning my UAI this year should have been 86ish.. does anyone know how the heck i got into the course???

X

xeuyrawp

The_DJ said:
I got a UAI of 85.10 last year and missed out on a spot for arts/com (hecs and fee) at sydney uni, but this year i transferred into that course (which required a minimum UAI of 89.30, for a fee spot) I did OK during the year with marks (4p,3c,1d), but am in total shock.. considering my gpa was about 87ish.. meaning my UAI this year should have been 86ish.. does anyone know how the heck i got into the course???

Might have something to do with the BA marks going down, dunno about the BCom side of it though.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's to do with supply and demand in relation to non-recent school leavers.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Remember, NRSL cutoffs are not published, while School Leaver cutoffs are. So if the uni wants to maintain the apparent standard of entrants, they restrict the number of SL places and increase NRSL offers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)