How thick is your design logbook so far? (how long does it have to be...) (1 Viewer)

jazzmuzik

HSC
So far I've stuck in a fair few articles, collected lots of pictures for inspiration, done some initial sketches which i'll develop, a few pages of the meaning i find in the script... So far my log is about 25-30 pages long. (its a large blank A3 art diary)
how long is your so far?
How is long do you think it should be at the end?

I think the way i'm going my log will be around 50 pages long. is this about right?

(This isnt meant to sound bitchy or competitive, i just want an idea if i'm on the right track)

N

noir.

my log book will be about 60 pages long... A3 size, mind you. Thats quite a fair bit, and so far I've done 30 pages [and no progress with my poster/program etc etc.

MBF

HSC
umm entries wise, ive got like nothing, ive written on a sheet what entries i need to write its just i hate writing them for some reason even though logbooks not marked how ever i have used alot of pages with research and anything that can help me basically

HSC
i've nearly filled one A4 log book, with writing (one entry per week) and printed pages and designs and the like... very interesting, although most of the later stuff is mainly rationalising for the program and flyer et al...

Soon to start a new log book, with program blocked out...
yay Drama...

Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders

iladys

HSC
Mine is about 40 pages so far on a B2 sized logbook.

R

roseymariee!

omg glenn saunders!! you make me feel soo far behind lol. which text are you doing?

HSC
myth propaganda and disaster in nazi germany and contemporary america by stephen sewell

a damn good play - easily the best on the list
so damn topical
the best choice - so many opportunities

holden4ever89

HSC
QUESTION - HELP!!!!

Arrrr dont tell me how stupid i am - but i changed this week from performance (which i was hating) to Design Promotions (which i already love!)

question - with the log book that holds research, drafts etc?

how 'design' like should that be or can it just be messy and random?

any other tips would be MASSIVELY helpful

cheers,

DAZZA

bano

HSC
to be honest u dnt reali no.... i only got about 10 pages or sumting. i am not sure too but i guess its ok to have 50 pages as long as it relates to ur thing.
let me no wat ur theme is for ur art major work.. mine is sumthing to do with memory boxes i am still not sure wat i am trying to say but ya

goosiegoo

HSC
holden4ever89 said:
QUESTION - HELP!!!!

Arrrr dont tell me how stupid i am - but i changed this week from performance (which i was hating) to Design Promotions (which i already love!)

question - with the log book that holds research, drafts etc?

how 'design' like should that be or can it just be messy and random?

any other tips would be MASSIVELY helpful

cheers,

DAZZA
Oh, don't worry i changed to Poster and Promotion not too long ago (from performance).
Umm.. i'm not sure about the log book being 'design..y' mine is generally.. me writing down every thought that i have about my i.p... When i get further into it it'll have sketches and i'll stick in stuff that i've done, etc, but it's not particularly organised. Hehe, i've dated everything.

MBF

HSC
ive nearly fileld A3 book but most of it is research

ive drafted poster, flyer, program, media article, rationale

poster and flyer i need to alter, as well as parts of program, rationale i got 10/10 for so ill just change it when i change other things

and my teacher says that my media story is great even though i made it the night before it was due

although my teachers have never had a student do program and promotion before so i dunnno how to take their comments

i need to do more entries, is it better to handwrite them or type them? i have shcoking writing but someone said markers prefer handwritten

N

noir.

MBF said:
i need to do more entries, is it better to handwrite them or type them? i have shcoking writing but someone said markers prefer handwritten
All my entries are written. the only typing i do is to show the process of editing photos.
Not too sure about markers prefering hand writing. whatever suits you is what really matters anywho.

HSC
my log is just me thinking on paper - lots of entries, all handwritten

news articles, theatre reviews (some printed) other stuff includes photo collage pages and stuff...

some really nice things from history as well...
contextual research as well as background stuff looks really nice... and fills space if you're having trouble...

Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders

iladys

HSC
My logbook's about 62 pages now. Remember that the markers aren't marking your logbook, your drama teacher is. The markers are just looking at your final products.

Write down your ideas, background research on the play, playwright, processes etc.

I've still got a long way to go -__-

*princess88*

HSC
Yeah same here :D lol, I have like nearly filled 2 HUGE art books, I got obssesed with writing down every single idea lol but yeah at least I got nearly full marks everytime my teacher marked them :D lol!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

THERE DUE TOMORROW! YAY!!! HEHE!!!!

MBF

HSC
Argh my trials start tomorrow nd i havent started studying cause i got so much logbook to catch up on

*princess88*

HSC
aww don't worry I'm sure you will be just fine :D. I had my trials last week thank god! :). all finished my Ip now! ready and rocking to go lol....

jamersonx

HSC
Eeeek. I got really scared for a second, then realized this was from April two years ago *phew*.

Ahh I've been working on mine throughout the holidays only filled about 16 A3 VAPD pages so far..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)