How THICK is your journal? (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Hey, just a question I figured I'd stick here, cause my journal is in 3 parts: a spiral A4 notebook, a display folder and a concertina file thingie for my separate drafts. Did those of you with more than one type of journal send them in separately or did you put them all together, like in an A4 binder folder thingo with plastic sheets so its all in order from start to finish?

BC3000

HSC
mm well im still on one and its due in two weeks! i dunno if the thickness counts does it? its wats in it and thats if they even look at it!

cl3nta

HSC
it's not a high chance that they will look at it. Maybe if they decide to award you 50/50 or think that your work isn't your own. As for mine. 1 240page journal handwritten. Another 240pg scrapbook filled with annotated crap. All a mess, no intention to clean it up :p

cdmanutd

HSC
i think we're all missing the point, although cl3enta got closest.... the journal doesn't count to anything! why waste your time composing volumes and volumes about your writing instead of concentrating on your writing itself! you're only in trouble with a journal if they suspect you've plagarised, and if you have, you deserve everything yet get :)

glorificus

HSC
Mine is a full 2-ring folder, but it's mostly filled with re-writes.

chingu

HSC
^ "major work is due in how many days again????" mines due on monday... whoopie!

my teacher wants me to write more in it.. i dont see a point in doing so if they arent even going to mark it. but she sez it might be the "discriminating factor between the top or second band" :mad1: so i guess no choice.
i have trials to study for still :( .. plus extension history to finish! GAH!!

but good luck!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
My major work was meant to be handed in on Monday - but teacher said that the bos was changing it to the Wednesday, which is fabulous :) I didn't have anything in my journal - maybe 5 pages worth of "research" until the night before my report was due, where i stayed up photocopied pages, highlighted things and then stuck them in my journal - my journal was almost half full by the end of it.

Good luck everyone! :D

kewlu

Banned
HSC
barely an inch thick. I hated my journal.

RiCkiE

HSC
Same. I just stuck in all these drafts and articles at the end to fatten it up.

I didn't even have a proper annotated bibliography

kewlu

Banned
HSC
RiCkiE said:
Same. I just stuck in all these drafts and articles at the end to fatten it up.

I didn't even have a proper annotated bibliography
<3<3

starrysky

HSC
Mine was a record 2cm thick. I had about ... two journal entries for every month, and felt grossly inadequate. Therefore, I stuck in all the short stories and sheets I got over the year, plus my old drafts, without properly justifying their presence.

Annotated bibliographies suck arse. As if they'll look through my Journal anyway. Oopth. I think I jinxed it for mythelf.

naughtymanolo

HSC
I did all ym journal in 3 days! (no sleep) i ended up filling three 240 page books and one 320 (all double sided) i was so pround, it was the most at my school, but from past years it was average. that said it was utter crap written in there, just analysis of my films that i chose my 'progression' and crap i dated it all in 1/2hr making bogus dates. i am pleassed.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
naughtymanolo said:
I did all ym journal in 3 days! (no sleep) i ended up filling three 240 page books and one 320 (all double sided) i was so pround, it was the most at my school, but from past years it was average. that said it was utter crap written in there, just analysis of my films that i chose my 'progression' and crap i dated it all in 1/2hr making bogus dates. i am pleassed.
Jesus H. Christ. I salute your effort, my friend. I didn't even bother faking dates, and I put little shiny star stickers over all the swear words cause my teacher had been quite horrified. Mine ended up being a 300-pg binder with plastic sleeves, filled all the way :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)