How to actually focus and study (3 Viewers)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Oh thanks for the hack, I didn't do it like that lol

I used a dot and coloured it white, but yeah yours would work since whitespace is treated as a character

But my signature is way cooler, it vanishes in dark mode lol
yooo I just turned dark mode and everything looks shit and weird but the signature disappeared 🤩

tangerines

HSC
How do I actually sit down and study without getting distracted, I'm always doing multiple things at once and its so hard to actually sit down and focus on one single task.
tldr; try experimenting with different ways to organise study materials (visually)

i have this problem all the time (i have adhd) and i find that the most effective study methods for me are ones that engage my brain to think that what i'm doing is an interesting task even if it isn't-- for instance, if i'm memorising quotes for english, i might draw a picture of what's happening in the text at that moment to go along with the quote instead of just re-reading the quote over and over until it sticks in my brain. to me, memorising quotes is boring but drawing is fun so i'm 'tricking' my brain in a way to do something fun but also productive.

if drawing isn't your thing, i also recommend making mind/concept maps, tables of key terms + definitions, diagrams, graphic designs, or really just any way of visually organising the content information in ways aside from reading a text document. i sometimes like to make slideshows going over all of the key content of my courses as though i was presenting it to an audience just because it encourages me to experiment with how many different ways i can present the same info. printing these slides and sticking them in my room also help with constant exposure to the info that naturally helps me remember them. this may not seem like studying but i consider any interaction with my course content to be studying (i literally cannot focus on reading pages of writing documents past the first page). hope this helps a little!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)