How to actually memorise notes (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
This sounds so stupid but I am really struggling with what to do at the moment. I pretty much wrote my notes for my content heavy subjects like bio and food tech just before trials, and did reasonably well because it was in my head from writing the notes.

However I have barely touched schoolwork since trials and have forgotten most of whats in my notes, so I am struggling to do past papers because I don't know enough for it to be worth it. I just don't know how to remember what is in my notes, like tonnes of dates and titles of pieces of legislation and things like that, because for me just reading through it does nothing. I'm fine for maths and things but its just remembering all these small details I am struggling with.

Really stuck, any help appreciated, I feel so stupid

madharris

HSC
N/A
Just go onto past papers.
Trying to memorise your notes is pointless

What you should do is:
1: do a paper open book
2: do it again but closed book
3: mark it
4: repeat :)

At least this yway, you are learning the content and learning exam technique :)

It might sound a bit stupid, but it does help (or at least it helped me the first few times)

When you're more comfortable with the content, then do past papers under normal conditions and such.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

What you should do is:

It might sound a bit stupid, but it does help (or at least it helped me the first few times)

When you're more comfortable with the content, then do past papers under normal conditions and such.
This.

It's the most effective.

Don't take everyday as a drag, procrastinating on here then trying to learn your notes and feeling like crap. Just get into past papers and use the time you have.

moocow920

HSC
ooh yea the open book sounds like a good idea because then I'm interacting with the content more than just looking over it but the papers not a waste of time, thanks for the suggestion

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

What you should do is:

+1

Unless you can remember your notes with minimal effort, i would do this.

Exam technique > content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)