How to Analyse Sources (1 Viewer)

History 101

HSC
Ok so I have to do a Source analysis , explaining the usefulness of each source to an historian studying the impact of the war on women's lives and experiences in Britain, making reference to the perspective and reliability of each. If for one particular source, it has no date, no author and no origin, but through research I made an educated guess at who the author is, I found out more information about him that would lead to changing the intended audience and therefore the reliability, how do I write my answer this question? :/ Thank you in advance!
Was this source that has 'no author, no date, no origin,' given to you or did you find this source?

ando08182

HSC
Was this source that has 'no author, no date, no origin,' given to you or did you find this source?
No we have to find our own sources haha it was of two women police officers "warning" two boys on the street. With the caption saying it is a very staged photo.

History 101

HSC
I would attempt to find another source, otherwise if you are certain about the author then go for it.
Also if you are looking at the reliability, what is the historians argument on women?

ElizabethQ

HSC
My teach taught our class TOMAC to help analysing sources.

As in,

T Type
O Origin
M Motive
A Audience
C Content

Arranging it into an acronym just helps to remember it.
I learnt TOMAC=Perspective, Reliability and Usefulness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)