How to answer IPT questions ?? (1 Viewer)

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
Heys, I have problems understanding how to answer questions in a way that will be similar to the HSC ???

Because I keep getting one line answers. How do I explain, discuss, describe, etc. correctly ???

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Continuously make notes in year 12, and make a summary of notes in year 11. Practice plenty of past papers as you get closer to the final HSC exam. Just know your dot points and know recent examples of different types of technology spoken about in the syllabus. This will get you a band 6.

I have a set of notes (94 pages) in my sig. Feel free to dl them.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally never made notes for IPT beyond just doing past papers and referring to the syllabus. My trick was always to try and integrate as much practical and real life examples into my answers to demonstrate I thoroughly understood the content as well as it's application. The scenarios sometimes require a bit of creativity to make them longer but answering the direct questions e.g. explain, discuss, should be quite straightforward.

(Note that I did every past paper I could get my hands on both online/through friends and by buying one of those past paper books, read the suggested/model answers both online and from the independents who put together the past paper books, and I also did every chapter's exercises in the textbook itself).

Read the verb correctly (e.g. discuss, identify, explain) and look at the marks allocated to understand how detailed an answer should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)