How to answer the question??? (1 Viewer)

Logix

I have written prepared essays, but not prepared any speeches, feature articles, letters, conversations and any other forms. All I have are essays. Does any1 have any tips on how to change forms into al the other forms while keeping the same content?

Thanks

malkin86

HSC
just know what is expected of each text type...

speeches start off with a personal story

feature articles have a title, a by-line (although how you'd manage that in an anon exam) and then paragraphs, much like an essay

letters make it more of a personal opinion

conversations is like a discuss essay - one person for each opposing viewpoint.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
The differences between various text types:

* Structure. An essay has an intro, a few paragraphs, and a conclusion. A feature article might have an anecdote, an intro, many paragraphs, and another anecdote to conclude. A letter has a date, an address (Dear..), a few questions, an explanation, a signoff. Make sure you write in the correct form.
* Audience. An essay may be addressed to a broad audience, or a specific subset of people (eg. Nuclear scientists). A diary is written to oneself or to an invisible 'other'. A speech is written to be read aloud to a group of people.
* Context. Essays are usually formal because they are in formal publications. Radio interviews are between two people but heard by many - so it has to be clear and concise (radio time is expensive!). A feature article is usually found in a magazine.

etc etc.

Keep these things in mind and you can tweak your essay to fit any of the given text types - you have to change your tone, your structure (long sentence vs short sentence), your word choice (scientific name or common name) and on the list goes.

hth :)

Logix

it is so complicated! u know for a conversation? how bout if u dont have 2 sides to argue?

lizzieee_

i guess then you'd make it more of a discussion....... each person bringing up fresh points and talking about em....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)