How to Band 6 Economics (1 Viewer)

FesuY

HSC
Yo wassup, My goal is to get a band 6 in economics. I am currently in year 11 and starting year 12 next term. Could anyone who has or is knowledgeable in economics share some tips and strategies that can be implemented to achieve a band 6? E.g; amount of work needed for a b6, how to ace reports and in class essays, note taking and other useful info. Thanks 💯

cassicowfan

HSC
for in class essays:
write notes on topic
read ur notes a couple times
look at hsc/trial essays from the past couple years
find questions on the topic
write essay plans (list everything you would talk about)
night before do a full essay just to practice

^worked to get me 20/20 in all my in class ones

FesuY

HSC
for in class essays:
write notes on topic
read ur notes a couple times
look at hsc/trial essays from the past couple years
find questions on the topic
write essay plans (list everything you would talk about)
night before do a full essay just to practice

^worked to get me 20/20 in all my in class ones
thankyou

nourished.

HSC
Yo wassup, My goal is to get a band 6 in economics. I am currently in year 11 and starting year 12 next term. Could anyone who has or is knowledgeable in economics share some tips and strategies that can be implemented to achieve a band 6? E.g; amount of work needed for a b6, how to ace reports and in class essays, note taking and other useful info. Thanks 💯
So, I think I can break this down into somewhat of a checklist for you. It's works best when followed chronologically, at least based on how I've taught it and what my students have found useful. It's set up in a way that builds on your understanding over time. You'll more readily get new content as you learn them. Either way, in saying that, it's quite flexible.
  • Make a set of comprehensive notes on JUST theory, aim for ~15 pages.
  • Add the most important statistics to relevant parts of the theory, RBA and trading economics are good resources.
  • Get a feel of the kind of questions you'll get in exams by doing SA questions. Get your teacher to mark them.
  • Start to nail down on what you do well in your responses and what you don't, and then make a generic blueprint for how you'll approach writing your responses from now on.
  • Condense your notes into cheat sheets. These will ONLY contain the most important concepts.
  • Begin to make 1 pager essay skeletons. Look through past HSC papers and attempt these essays.
I'll also point out that the first few steps will get you the majority of your marks. As you move down this list, each step will add less marks per unit of work done, ie diminishing marginal returns. Jumping the gap from band 5 to band 6 starts at the 4th step. Hope this helps!

ssoans

HSC
So, I think I can break this down into somewhat of a checklist for you. It's works best when followed chronologically, at least based on how I've taught it and what my students have found useful. It's set up in a way that builds on your understanding over time. You'll more readily get new content as you learn them. Either way, in saying that, it's quite flexible.
  • Make a set of comprehensive notes on JUST theory, aim for ~15 pages.
  • Add the most important statistics to relevant parts of the theory, RBA and trading economics are good resources.
  • Get a feel of the kind of questions you'll get in exams by doing SA questions. Get your teacher to mark them.
  • Start to nail down on what you do well in your responses and what you don't, and then make a generic blueprint for how you'll approach writing your responses from now on.
  • Condense your notes into cheat sheets. These will ONLY contain the most important concepts.
  • Begin to make 1 pager essay skeletons. Look through past HSC papers and attempt these essays.
I'll also point out that the first few steps will get you the majority of your marks. As you move down this list, each step will add less marks per unit of work done, ie diminishing marginal returns. Jumping the gap from band 5 to band 6 starts at the 4th step. Hope this helps!

Do you suggest written or typed notes?
And how did you stay in touch with whats happening in the economy?

nourished.

HSC
Do you suggest written or typed notes?
And how did you stay in touch with whats happening in the economy?
Both written or typed are fine. I preferred to write them out then scan them so that I could read them wherever I went.

Rba snapshots and trading economics are your best friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)