How to be a nurse with a crap ATAR?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachu

HSC
Hey all,

I want to be a dental nurse...but with my very low ATAR :cry: don't think I can...anyone's who is studying nurse or has any suggestions...please do drop some words..for some alternative pathways.........hopefully by not having to waste another year repeating the course...

Thankssssss...you all

sachu

HSC
Can you do a nursing course at TAFE and eventually get into Uni?
It'll take longer but you'll get there in the end.
Yeah but I'm excluding TAFE from my list...because it doesn't run in the family u know....i have let my family's legacy down....so looking for alternatives than TAFE such as private colleges (1 year)....which takes u to 2nd yr entry at UNI but not in UWS or ACU....i know its lot to ask.......

10andeje

HSC
how low was your atar ? if you don't mind me asking
because if it want too low maybe you could go to a uni with a lower atar and then transfer to another

sachu

HSC
Can you do a nursing course at TAFE and eventually get into Uni?
It'll take longer but you'll get there in the end.
how low was your atar ? if you don't mind me asking
because if it want too low maybe you could go to a uni with a lower atar and then transfer to another

So low that I'm too embarassed....

I know u can do transferring but with my crap ATAR i feel like repeating HSC>..:cold:

10andeje

HSC
Aw it cant be that bad how about you look for a course that is in the same field and then maybe work your way up from there it may take a while longer but you will still get there

JB10

HSC
There is a nursing course at ACU that has a requirement of about 58. If you got lower than that then probably won't be able to go straight into Uni.

MrDimple

HSC
yes try ACU, dont give up hope trust me im sure there are people who can get into the course with a ATAR below it, it depends on supply and demand of the course and if there desperate for places

sachu

HSC
yes try ACU, dont give up hope trust me im sure there are people who can get into the course with a ATAR below it, it depends on supply and demand of the course and if there desperate for places
Yeah, Its just ACU is counted as one of the lowest Unis...and it is so hard to accept the truth, really!

There is a nursing course at ACU that has a requirement of about 58. If you got lower than that then probably won't be able to go straight into Uni.
Yeah, I'm preferring not to got at ACU....I would rather do a year course at some private college....and then gain 2nd year entry into UNI by doing exceptionally good...it is so sad that I have always been getting straight A's till year 11 and being a acaemic student and on Yr 12, I just totally screwed up.

Aw it cant be that bad how about you look for a course that is in the same field and then maybe work your way up from there it may take a while longer but you will still get there
Yeaaaaa.....

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ACU has an ATAR of like 54 or something like that
if your that desperate to do nursing, you would just go there

sachu

HSC
Umm...I will prolly do diploma in health science at UWS college..which gives me ticket to 2nd yr entry into University....for BAchelor of Medical Science..then I can transfer into other Unis like USYD (my dream)...

PattieBoi

HSC
Honestly, it doesn't matter what University you go to because at the end of the day, you still walk out with the same degree. The only difference is the whole reputation shenanigan!

Ben.Civiletti

HSC
Yeah, Its just ACU is counted as one of the lowest Unis...and it is so hard to accept the truth, really!

Yeah, I'm preferring not to got at ACU....I would rather do a year course at some private college....and then gain 2nd year entry into UNI by doing exceptionally good...it is so sad that I have always been getting straight A's till year 11 and being a acaemic student and on Yr 12, I just totally screwed up.

Yeaaaaa.....
lol at how selective your trying to be despite not being able to afford to do so. Maybe if you worked harder during the year you might have had a chance at a better uni. Let go of your ego and go to ACU and transfer to Usyd later.

JB10

HSC
lol at how selective your trying to be despite not being able to afford to do so. Maybe if you worked harder during the year you might have had a chance at a better uni. Let go of your ego and go to ACU and transfer to Usyd later.
Exactly.

You're definitely in no position to be picky, sorry. ACU or nothing I think.

sachu

HSC
I thought Australia had a shortage on nurses

Shouldn't they just let you in regardless? :D
Honestly, it doesn't matter what University you go to because at the end of the day, you still walk out with the same degree. The only difference is the whole reputation shenanigan!
Exactly.

You're definitely in no position to be picky, sorry. ACU or nothing I think.

btw my ATAR was 83.10 you all..

elmoateme

HSC
My mum just finished her nursing degree at UNCLE, and really, no one cares what uni you go to for nursing, maybe if you do postgrad studies, but not for a Bachelor of Nursing. I think the main difference is the calliber of the students you will be studying with, and the quality of the teaching there. If you really don't want to go to ACU then I guess find another way in, apparently UTS is really good for nursing. Remember, you still have to actually get the grades to get into nursing at another uni if you transfer or do a diploma.

Good luck with it all, glad to see someone really enthusiastic about nursing =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)