How To Be Not Completely Screwed for my Chem Test Tomorrow?? (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
We need more information than that OP. What are you unsure about? Holes in your knowledge? Unrefined exam technique?

Christofu01

HSC
I know a lot of the content, but don't always know how to create my answers for the questions. My school seems to be extremely finnicky about it, and I don't want to lose as many marks as I did in the last test from slightly wrong answers.

So do you have any tips on how to best create my answers?

turntaker

HSC
I know a lot of the content, but don't always know how to create my answers for the questions. My school seems to be extremely finnicky about it, and I don't want to lose as many marks as I did in the last test from slightly wrong answers.

Know how to answer to the verbs such as ACCOUNT, EXPLAIN, ASSESS etc
look at the sample answers and the marking centre notes.

It is good to use dot points (my preference)

Its always best to practice questions

teridax

HSC
N/A

Use the hsc verbs as scaffolds in response to the questions in the exam.

If it's a discuss question, you outline the advantages and disadvantages. If it's assess, you give a judgement and then talk about the benefits and detriments. If you wanna be succinct, perhaps do dot points. Making tables also ensures you're comparison is clear for the marker to grasp.

EDIT: beaten by turntaker lol

turntaker

HSC
Use the hsc verbs as scaffolds in response to the questions in the exam.

If it's a discuss question, you outline the advantages and disadvantages. If it's assess, you give a judgement and then talk about the benefits and detriments. If you wanna be succinct, perhaps do dot points. Making tables also ensures you're comparison is clear for the marker to grasp.

EDIT: beaten by turntaker lol
haha soz bro

Christofu01

HSC
I just looked at sample answers for relevant questions from the 2013 HSC, and they are nowhere near as in depth as what my school currently expects us to do...

Thanks for your help though, I'll just look over the key words on the Board of Studies website tonight and make sure I know as much as possible which each verb wants me to do.

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
I just looked at sample answers for relevant questions from the 2013 HSC, and they are nowhere near as in depth as what my school currently expects us to do...
best to stick to what your school desires for your internals

after trials, listen to the hsc experts, i.e. ex-students lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)