how to cram for maths (2 Viewers)

cloud_berry

HSC
hey so i’m fucked for maths cos i basically forgot everything, i have no idea where to begin though. any advice would be appreciated

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Past papers and revisiting class notes to understanding the fundamentals of the calculations, such as knowing the fundamentals for Networks, Annuities etc. Good luck on your preparing to studying 👊😅

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Past papers honestly. No point reading text book
Not all past papers have questions that can be assessed on the 2021 paper.
For example, annulus comes rarely in past papers, that I have done but it’s still viable to learn the formula before your left frozen and clueless in the exam.

specificagent1

HSC
Not all past papers have questions that can be assessed on the 2021 paper.
For example, annulus comes rarely in past papers, that I have done but it’s still viable to learn the formula before your left frozen and clueless in the exam.
is this standard?

cloud_berry

HSC
what if u literally don’t know anything on the past paper?
also yeah it’s standard

lildumpling86

HSC
also yeah it’s standard
maybe try go to through specific chapter exercises and watch some videos that go through worked examples?
or do like an open-book practice paper where you have your notes open, but you try to figure out the answer yourself before checking with the answers
alternatively,, you could learn by walking yourself through the worked solutions of past paper questions you find difficult

icycledough

HSC
also yeah it’s standard
I'd say, as had been mentioned above, to approach it in a 3 step methodical manner.

1) Go through the topics you are not confident or thorough in, using textbook questions to assist you

2) Do open book exams (still under timed conditions)

3) Do closed book exams under timed conditions again

That way, it's easier to progress

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
doing past papers despite forgetting everything is useless, so perhaps as others have said, revisit class notes and basic textbook examples for each topic and then attempt past papers for consolidation and practice

or you can start with past papers and for every question you get stuck on, go back to notes, textbooks, worked solutions if they're provided, videos etc. and work through the whole past paper until every question makes sense to you

at this point during HSC period it's not about how many past papers you do, it's about what you're taking away from them. so even if between now and the std math exam, you've only properly sat through like 3 past papers, then it should still be worth it as long as you got to revise and revive the topics you forgot/ rusty on

all the best : ))

dannyo1

HSC
If you know what specific areas you need to study, like if you're particularly weak in some select topics, then I highly recommend using the HSC Ninja Question Viewer. You basically just get the PDFs of all the maths past papers from the NESA website, download them, then upload them to HSC Ninja and it automatically generates quizzes based on each topic, I wish I'd found it much earlier. But yeah - for me in trials, there were a couple of areas where I went really shittily so I just focused all my efforts into improving those for HSC, it's all about being judicious with your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)