How to effectively study year 11 extension maths ? (1 Viewer)

Dhwanit

HSC
I got Year 11 extension 1 maths book. The book has 17 chapters and 900 pages.

I have started practicing chapter by chapter. But I feel it is very lengthy. Even though I am giving lot of time to maths, I am able to complete one chapter in week.

As I have to study other subjects as well, can anybody advise how to study extension maths 1 effectively in year 11 ?

So that I can give equal weightage to other subjects as well.

icycledough

HSC
If you want, you can use the summer holidays to your advantage. I'm not saying to completely burn yourself out by working all the time, but even if you can complete a chapter in a week, then it will give you a good headstart going into Year 11. Given you have 6 weeks of holidays + a few weeks left of school (which I'd assume you want to focus on your current work), that's plenty of time to get yourself ahead. Don't feel pressured to complete the whole textbook in the holidays, as it won't stick in your brain and you will feel pretty sick of maths afterwards. With textbook questions, I find that after doing an exercise or two, it becomes quite repetitive, and so won't be an effective use of time to do every single question from every exercise. I would recommend doing a few exercises, doing the review at the end and then doing practice papers if you have access to them.

d1zzyohs

HSC
I got Year 11 extension 1 maths book. The book has 17 chapters and 900 pages.

I have started practicing chapter by chapter. But I feel it is very lengthy. Even though I am giving lot of time to maths, I am able to complete one chapter in week.

As I have to study other subjects as well, can anybody advise how to study extension maths 1 effectively in year 11 ?

So that I can give equal weightage to other subjects as well.
Here's what I'll say. Eddie woo, Eddie woo, Eddie woo + the plethora of online teachers and tutorials we have to our disposals. Yes, we have the pandemic. Yes, it will probably come for me next year in the HSC again. But; we need to use what we have as a generation. The internet is so powerful - seriously; immerse yourself into some online videos. I've learnt a chunk of the Extension 2 syllabus from Eddie Woo and from Textbooks; it's the best synthesis and to then use your normal class lessons as revision lessons.

Good luck!

(I'll also add that Perms and Combs and Binomial Theorem is probably the hardest topic. Push through; and try to solve as many questions as humanly possible. Everything else is pretty straight forward)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)