how to enrol in courses?? (1 Viewer)

rishika

HSC
im upto the course selection part of enrolling and im so lost.
whatre u suposed 2 search for? are the core courses already chosen? how many are u suposed 2 pick? can someone please post up step-by-step how to make the timetable etc.
i dont kno what im doing.
ty

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Look up your degree in the UNSW Handbook to find what courses u do for ur degree, then use the Rectangles to generate all possible timetables, choose which one u want, then enter the course codes in the enrolling thingo in my.unsw then choose the classes.

Generally u pick 4 courses per semester.

rishika

HSC
Look up your degree in the UNSW Handbook to find what courses u do for ur degree, then use the Rectangles to generate all possible timetables, choose which one u want, then enter the course codes in the enrolling thingo in my.unsw then choose the classes.

Generally u pick 4 courses per semester.
thx heaps..
im doin commerce with eco... i still dont kno which courses im suposed 2 look after looking at the handbook!! im stupid, i kno.
heres the link. UNSW Handbook Program - Commerce/Economics - 3521

argh please help! :spzz:

HSC
You do 48 UOC a Semester, that's 8 subjects. Pick 8 subjects but make sure you fulfill prereqs/coreqs.

edit:
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1
ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A

Those are the core Commerce subjects you can only do this semester, up to you how many of them you want to do in Semester 1.
Economics i don't know, up to you, but still check the prereqs and such.

Last edited:

rishika

HSC
You do 48 UOC a Semester, that's 8 subjects. Pick 8 subjects but make sure you fulfill prereqs/coreqs.

edit:
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1
ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A

Those are the core Commerce subjects you can only do this semester, up to you how many of them you want to do in Semester 1.
Economics i don't know, up to you, but still check the prereqs and such.
so in that rectangles thing, where it says "enter subject codes", do i enter the core subjects, or does the timetable include that automatically? meaning do i assume that my timetable will include the core subjects and i put in 8 other subjects, or do i put in 8 subjects not incl the core ones?

will i be able to change this subjects if need be, later in the year? is there a deadline 4 enrolling in these courses?
ty

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Im not sure about comm/econ, im an engineering student, but go to the enrolment info day for commerce/economics and ask them the same questions. They should have all the answers.

I think its on this coming wednesday, my sis is coming for science, but i think theres a number of days, and not sure what day/time the commerce/economics one is.
There shouldve been a link to this when u were accepting ur enrolment on my.unsw.

Last edited:

erm

HSC
so in that rectangles thing, where it says "enter subject codes", do i enter the core subjects, or does the timetable include that automatically? meaning do i assume that my timetable will include the core subjects and i put in 8 other subjects, or do i put in 8 subjects not incl the core ones?

will i be able to change this subjects if need be, later in the year? is there a deadline 4 enrolling in these courses?
ty
look at the plan in the handbook for semester 1, input the codes into rectangles...how hard is that?

mathslover

HSC
look at the plan in the handbook for semester 1, input the codes into rectangles...how hard is that?
how many core subs do we have 2 inclkude 4 semester 1? is 2 enuf?? and also this is gna sound dumb... but all this 'enrolling' is only 4 semester 1, rite??

since the max 4 one semster is 24UOC, isnt that only 4 courses? so cant we do, like, 2 core subs, eg.
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A (6 UOC)
ACCT1511 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B (6 UOC)
and then 2 other ones, eg.
Game theory and business strategy
introductory economics

would that work for my 1st semester at UNSW 9if i input it in Rectangles? im doing bcomm/ec too.

appreciated muchly:headbang:

Zozo6969

HSC
how many core subs do we have 2 inclkude 4 semester 1? is 2 enuf?? and also this is gna sound dumb... but all this 'enrolling' is only 4 semester 1, rite??

since the max 4 one semster is 24UOC, isnt that only 4 courses? so cant we do, like, 2 core subs, eg.
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A (6 UOC)
ACCT1511 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B (6 UOC)
and then 2 other ones, eg.
Game theory and business strategy
introductory economics

would that work for my 1st semester at UNSW 9if i input it in Rectangles? im doing bcomm/ec too.

appreciated muchly:headbang:
ACCT1501 is a prerequisite for ACCT1511 so you have to pass ACCT1501 before you can enrol in ACCT1511. Do ACCT1501 in Semester 1 and ACCT1511 in Semester 2.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Serious help!!!!! I've been overseas and just back 2 days ago, the enrolment shit is driving me crazy><><

IS there some sort of list where I can find what core subjects i need to enrol for in semester one 1st yr law/comm??? and the list for electives???

erm

HSC
Serious help!!!!! I've been overseas and just back 2 days ago, the enrolment shit is driving me crazy><><

IS there some sort of list where I can find what core subjects i need to enrol for in semester one 1st yr law/comm??? and the list for electives???
refer to the online handbook

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
cool thx, i beg for more answeres just in case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)